Hi all!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Hi all!

Post by GeoffN »

FROM A TO B posted:
Ahhh sunny Consett.
Spent many a happy time at AS & T trying to resolve issues. Fortunately changed roles where I work so haven't been up there for a while.
Used to stop in the Raven (stange place)!

Can recommend the West stand for a good singalong and better views. South Stand, more compact and favoured by many of our supporters not yet in their twilight years. North stand is a strange place and we don't go there (usually full of people who talk funny, unless it's Huddersfield in which case it's empty). East stand, OK if you have a liking for prawn sandwiches and quiche!
:lol:
I think you've got East and West mixed up, haven't you?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

FROM A TO B posted:
Ahhh sunny Consett.
Spent many a happy time at AS & T trying to resolve issues. Fortunately changed roles where I work so haven't been up there for a while.
Used to stop in the Raven (stange place)!

Can recommend the West stand for a good singalong and better views. South Stand, more compact and favoured by many of our supporters not yet in their twilight years. North stand is a strange place and we don't go there (usually full of people who talk funny, unless it's Huddersfield in which case it's empty). East stand, OK if you have a liking for prawn sandwiches and quiche!
:lol:
:o You have the east and west mixed up!!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Glad to see you spotted my obvious mistake, but you didn't have to tell me twice!
Have edited original posting, so you can delete yours if you like!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

FROM A TO B posted:
Glad to see you spotted my obvious mistake, but you didn't have to tell me twice!
We both posted at the same time!

Delete? No, I think I'll leave it there... :sly:
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

GeoffN posted:
FROM A TO B posted:

OK, I have been shamed! I'll get me coat.
Can't get used to this East, West stuff.
much prefer Popular, Dougie etc
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
northeastwarrior

Post by northeastwarrior »

Thanks for all the info. I'll probably be returning after the game. Oh yeah its always sunny up here (yeah right lol). Havn't been into the Raven in years. Whats the best pub to go in before the games?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

northeastwarrio r posted:
Thanks for all the info. I'll probably be returning after the game. Oh yeah its always sunny up here (yeah right lol). Havn't been into the Raven in years. Whats the best pub to go in before the games?
If you go to the South stand bar it's usually open around 1.5 hours before KO and agains after the game.
£1 to get in (covers before and after) but is limited space.
Mean Dean comes out before the game and gives squad news, we used to have coaches Man of Match after the game, but don't know if this will continue with Nobbie.
Let us know if your going to come in and i'll find you somehow
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

FROM A TO B posted:
GeoffN posted:
FROM A TO B posted:

OK, I have been shamed! I'll get me coat.
Can't get used to this East, West stuff.
much prefer Popular, Dougie etc

rename the stands at the JJB something like...
Leeds Liv Stand (east), Marsh green (west) stand, th'asda stand (south) and North stand could be Wasteland Stand.

ok, so maybe the top of the east may be more lively. i normally sit middle-east stand towards the bottom row F-L if i can so i wouldnt know of late the singing contests.
I hate the south stand thoug, full of kids and chavs.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ancientnloyal posted:

rename the stands at the JJB something like...
Leeds Liv Stand (east), March green (west) stand, th'asda stand (south) and North stand could be Wasteland Stand.

ok, so maybe the top of the east may be more lively. i normally sit middle-east stand towards the bottom row F-L if i can so i wouldnt know of late the singing contests.
I hate the south stand thoug, full of kids and chavs.
We used to go in the South Stand until a few years ago, and enjoyed the atmosphere. The only reason we moved to the East was for reserved seats, I hate having to go early and sit through all the pre-match "entertainment" just to get a decent seat.
If the club made the South reserved seating I'd move back like a shot..I prefer to watch from behind the sticks, as I did at CP.
northeastwarrior

Post by northeastwarrior »

I am coming down, talked someone into coming with me. Assuming i get a ticket. Cant wait.