18-man squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

Re: 18-man squad

Post by WiganWarrior »

the Hull 18 is below
The squad is as follows:

Blacklock,Briscoe,Brough, Cooke, Dixon, Domic, Dowes
Higgins, Horne , King, Lee, McMenemy, Radford, Swain, Thackray, Tony, Washbrook, Yeaman

Looks like its going to be tough, our choice of right centre to go against Yeaman will be critical i think

Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

WiganWarrior posted:
the Hull 18 is below
The squad is as follows:

Blacklock,Briscoe,Brough, Cooke, Dixon, Domic, Dowes
Higgins, Horne , King, Lee, McMenemy, Radford, Swain, Thackray, Tony, Washbrook, Yeaman

Looks like its going to be tough, our choice of right centre to go against Yeaman will be critical i think
According to the "Sporting Life" preview, Horne and Domic are doubtful, though.
Looking at the two squads, I'd say we're better up front than they are, but a lot weaker in the backs (if Horne and Domic play).
Motu Tony has been starting at fullback for them recently, with Briscoe on the bench.

ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Yeaman is an average centre having a very good season, if he can do it again next year then he may be considered for GB selection.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

ChrisA posted:
Yeaman is an average centre having a very good season, if he can do it again next year then he may be considered for GB selection.
personally i think yeaman is fantastic. hes quick, a great support player, good passer of the ball, good tackler and knows his way to the tryline. he, for me, has out played both gleeson and senior this season. i think he should at least be in the squad for GB. goulding reminds me of yeaman with his biuld and intelligence. good footwork skills and doesnt do stupid stunts. the inside pass to richards againt hudds was quality.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

According to Sky Sports McAvoy isn't in our 18 man squad. God knows how we will line up now. IMO Nobby is prepared to throw this match in order to give us a better chance next week when Dallas, Calderwood, Logan and McAvoy will be available. :conf:
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

Yeaman is alot better than our centres

Great GB prospect, better than Senior, I would have Gleeson and Yeaman in the centres
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

The squad looks really weak again.

We must thank our lucky stars that Fecka is not NZ international quality (having failed to make it to the ANZAC test squad) or we would lok threadbare! :wink:
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

i'm cleaning my boots. Oh where's hull again
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

chrisJJ posted:
Oh where's hull again
Turn right and keep going!!!