Kevin Brown

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Pearl

Re: Kevin Brown

Post by The Pearl »

Brown is unlucky in that he has come into a side in transition. There are few established players around him that he can work with and learn from. youngsters need leaders to guide them. Since his breakthrough in the easter derby against saints he has not developed as quick as everyone would have liked but he is not alone. Over the last couple of years he has shown that there is potential there (and not just to be an average SL player) the noises coming out of the JJB last year from Lam etc that he was the next big homegrown stand off. Players like Lam don't just throw these comments out for effect. And as for pace, I was there at the Harlequins game and he certainly didn't lack any when he ran away from the fullback and winger. We need a stronger backline so he can mature at the right speed and not be over expsosed and destroy what confidence he has left.
exile in Tiger country

Re: Kevin Brown

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Stan Doff posted:
Whilst I agree Kev is not playing well at the moment I am sick and ed up with the way that each year a section of our support decide that all things that go wrong are down to one player. This year its kev but they seem to have a secret meeting before a ball is kicked to deside who they will have it in for this year.
It is hardly fair to have a go at the lad when at least half the team have been abysmal.
Yes in the first half there were a couple of times he was caught out of position but if you watch the problem with our defence sliding accross came way before it got out wide. If we were attacking and their defence moved as slowly as ours did I would expect us to get through.
No one is talking about the way he set Dallas up for his try are they? No, because they have made their minds up already.
Get off the lads back and give him a chance.
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: [/quote]
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09