20 man squads

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: The squad for Wakefield

Post by thegimble »

Wigan Watcher posted:
The Wigan 20 is:-

Ashton, Brown, Dallas, Fletcher, Godwin, Goulding, Hargreaves, Higham, Hill, James, Logan, Moran, McAvoy, O'Loughlin, Orr, Paleaaesina, Richards, Seuseu, Tickle , Vaealiki.

This squad has failed time and time again and will fail again so why keep with it?
Highlighted players in very poor form.
Amazing that u pick Richards and McAvoy. Its the only side where we look defencively secure. McAvoy has bombed a few tries so his inclusion is somewhat justified but Richards.

Since going to the wing hes our best player. Looks safe and scores tries.
ian.birchall

Re: 20 man squads

Post by ian.birchall »

Nine posted:
FROM A TO B posted:
.. the returning David Vaealiki
Bugger!! :angry:
My sentiments entirely, what a bummer, I was hoping he was out for the season :exc:
Question?
How can you tell when Vaelaeki is missing injured?
Answer
Beats me :doz:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ince warrior

Re: The squad for Wakefield

Post by ince warrior »

Wigan Watcher posted:
The Wigan 20 is:-

Ashton, Brown, Dallas, Fletcher, Godwin, Goulding, Hargreaves, Higham, Hill, James, Logan, Moran, McAvoy, O'Loughlin, Orr, Paleaaesina, Richards, Seuseu, Tickle , Vaealiki.

This squad has failed time and time again and will fail again so why keep with it?
Highlighted players in very poor form.
Fletcher!?
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
Doveoverdave

Re: The squad for Wakefiel...

Post by Doveoverdave »

Never mind naming names they're all guilty to some degree.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nine posted:
Logan or Paleaaesina should start but not both - we need to keep momentum by making sure at least one of our two best go-forward sprops is on any any one time.
Given we never have any momentum keep, often conceding a try on the oppositions first attack, I would like to see both of them on from the start.

One of them needs to do the whole first 40 so I'd guess that would be Logan and after 15 or 20 mins swap Feka if needs be.

Basically we have to get more game time out of these two as they ar both streets ahead of the other props.

40 mins or less total per game for each of them is not enough.

Fielden plays the full 80 so it isn't asking too much. If either of them can't do as I suggest then they aint fit enough.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
Nine posted:
Logan or Paleaaesina should start but not both - we need to keep momentum by making sure at least one of our two best go-forward sprops is on any any one time.
Given we never have any momentum keep, often conceding a try on the oppositions first attack, I would like to see both of them on from the start.

One of them needs to do the whole first 40 so I'd guess that would be Logan and after 15 or 20 mins swap Feka if needs be.

Basically we have to get more game time out of these two as they ar both streets ahead of the other props.

Fielden plays the full 80 so it isn't asking too much. If either of them can't do as I suggest then they aint fit enough.

Dave
I'd like to see more out of them too, Dave, but I don't think comparisons with Fielden are very fair; AFAIK he's the only prop in SL who plays the full 80 mins (although Faz did too when he was playing prop). Most sides now go for two 20-min spells per game per prop - I'd be happy if we got them up to that level of fitness.
standofftfield

Post by standofftfield »

GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:
Nine posted:

Dave
I'd like to see more out of them too, Dave, but I don't think comparisons with Fielden are very fair; AFAIK he's the only prop in SL who plays the full 80 mins (although Faz did too when he was playing prop). Most sides now go for two 20-min spells per game per prop - I'd be happy if we got them up to that level of fitness.
I agree we should have both our main strike props on the field a lot more than they are.