dennis moran is great

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: dennis moran is great

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Im beginning to wonder if ol' scholesblue has seen any other wigan team other than this one because any1 who had seen the likes of Edwards, Lam or Paul would know what a linchpin half back really is and how the reason we are doin so bad is we have a half-back pair who i doubt would have got in wigans f team when the likes of those men were playing
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
Im beginning to wonder if ol' scholesblue has seen any other wigan team other than this one because any1 who had seen the likes of Edwards, Lam or Paul would know what a linchpin half back really is and how the reason we are doin so bad is we have a half-back pair who i doubt would have got in wigans f team when the likes of those men were playing
well i didnt watch wigan when they were in their prime but i have dvd's and i watch them quite regualrly. i watched one last week called 'cherry & white memories' which was a great story of the history of wigan. from other dvds, when i look at edwards, gregory and even watching lam a few seasons ago you see how poor moran is in comparisson. he is good in a team of lesser quality than himself eg. london broncos. in a team were he is equal or not as good as most then he instantly becmoes a waste of time and a joke. this is when you see how good he actually is.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Wigan_forever1985

I got Cherry and White Memories a while back quality vid!. Edwards was the best ive seen in my time with lammy a close second the way the put wigan round the park was excellent great players and they always had a back up plan you would never see adrian lam get the ball and be flat footed and start dancing around because he doesn't know what to do he always came up with a second option quick. SuperLeague Super Tries has good wigan footage also well worth a watch
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
scholesblue

Post by scholesblue »

I have seen the best number 7's and wondering why you failed to mention Andy Greg the best we've had, also Brett Kenny as well.
I was there in the days of featherstone away one wednesday night when it kicked off big style and they wasn't any police about, also Dewsbury on a cold winters Tuesday night, WAS YOU...
Badboy how can you watch the game from the burgerbar, which I am led to believe is where you work on match days.
Pyscho run along and do your homework.
scholesblue

Post by scholesblue »

badman, portsmouth fans didn't want to kick off I am led to believe just wanted to celebrate staying up.
As for stewards stopping violence I believe your encourage it at the football.
Most of my mates tell me your desperate for something to kick off and even stop people having fun like kids with drums or kids doing the conga dead hard you stewards
Still believe you wouldn't go if you didn't get paid for doing job GOOD NIGHT x
mickh

Post by mickh »

Shows you that when the "team" is not doing well the supporter's have a do at each other. But having said that they are a bunch of individuals, they don't play for each other, as a team should do.
PS. Moran is useless (the worst) and i've seen all scrum halves since Franky Parr
Wigan_forever1985

I was there in the days of featherstone away one wednesday night when it kicked off big style and they wasn't any police about, also Dewsbury on a cold winters Tuesday night, WAS YOU...

Excuse me i watch rugby because i love the nature of the sport and the disciplin. No i wasn't there and if there was a big fight then im glad i wasn't there. I pride myself on the fact if i go to rugby match i can sit near any supporter and we can shake hands afterwards and enjoy the game. Thats what seperates our great sport from wendyball! the fans we have the best fans of any sport not just wigan but Rugby League and drawing attention to a big fight just shows that you are no true Rugby League fan becuase if you were you would frown upon fans fighting with the rest of us!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
actually bluey i work as a steward in the west next to the wigan bench. great place to watch the game and listen to all the little things that happen on the bench.
so wrong again bluey

been there since '86 when i was only a couple days old.

edwards was the best No. 7 i've seen.

and don't speak yto me about no police. i've been stood in a cordon with loads of screaming portsmouth hooligans running around and squaring up to you.

thats when things might "kick off" as you say
You are not old enough to remember and recollect properly Edwards at Wigan.

Posted before the same goes for Geoff and Billy Boston.

It would be the same as me saying Alex Murphy was the best scrum half I saw.

I have seen him play, I was very young, he was very old and not anywhere near his best.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Good words Bad Guy, no need for a wind up merchant from scholes to be acknowledged when character assasination comes onto it or personal attacks.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
for your information daveyboy i remeber edwards well.

only recently have i bought the DVD's talin about a year ago.

before then i rated edwards as the best because i watched him play week in week out
Yes when you where 8 years old!