Dobson 4 moran

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Dobson 4 moran

Post by DaveO »

ChrisA posted:
DaveO made a point on RLfans, do the games he played for Catalans count as first grade games, hence he can now get a permit ?
There is also the length of time he would be here for to consider.

Since it would only be to the end of the season he may qualify on some sort of student 6 month working visa.

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Speak of the devil, hopefully Dave one of the things you say will be true, and we can get this guy in.
He looks a class act, and at 19 shows that age isn't a problem if you have genuine class like he seems to have.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ChrisA posted:
Speak of the devil, hopefully Dave one of the things you say will be true, and we can get this guy in.
He looks a class act, and at 19 shows that age isn't a problem if you have genuine class like he seems to have.
Priority 1. Getting Moran out.

Priority 2. Finding a replacement.

If we manage both and Dobson is the replacement then that will do me.

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

After seeing this kid play, I have to say I've been really impressed with him. He can kick, organise, his distribution is good, he can tackle and he has bags if pace. Moran has pace, and a good kicking game close to the line. Not much comparison really.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Word is this as a good chance of happening, Noble has been on the phone to Dobson Sunday night, his agent is looking for very good money though because of the situation we are in.

Noble really wants him but of this morning he has not been given the all clear from down under.

A loan deal is more realistic for both parties.

ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

It would be a loan deal anyway I would have thought, Barret, Bailey and Fletcher are our quota players next year.
Moran will know already he wont be with us next year. This is yet another reason to ship Moran out, he's not playing for his future, no matter how well, or how bad he plays, he knows his future isn't at Wigan. Dobson has shown that he will give his all no matter if he's on loan or not.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Let's hope he is in on Saturday. It would be good to have something that night to look forward to. How long does registration (for him) and de-registration (for Moran, thank God) take?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

According to 2 separate reports that landed on RLFans at the same time, he has been/is training with us today. :doz:
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Sorry he has not been anywhere near the training ground with Wigan. I made a phone call in hope it was true but NO.

The saying no news is good news is in this case not true. There is no news what so ever coming from the corridors of the JJB.Normally there is a buzz when something is going to happen one way or another, but nothing. The feeling is this one has been put to bed. Lets all hope Im wrong

jokerss

Post by jokerss »

jinkin jimmy posted:
According to 2 separate reports that landed on RLFans at the same time, he has been/is training with us today. :doz:
hopefully he does come, and if he is already training with us then surely there will be some announcement
baz