So Who Is The Scape Goat Now?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: So Who Is The Scape Go...

Post by GeoffN »

BatFastard posted:
Look to the man at the top

You cant keep importing second rate players and sticking them in with kids
But they weren't second rate when they were signed. It's not Maurice's fault that they haven't reproduced the form they showed with their previous clubs, nor is it his fault that they got so many injuries that we then had to make "stop-gap" signings like James (who has done pretty well, IMO), Jonkers, Wilkes and McAvoy.
chrisJJ

Re: So Who Is The Scape Goat N...

Post by chrisJJ »

what why the hell would we want to blame aone did you go to the game watch it on telly we were great we lost by a margin of 14 to the team who beat us 75-0 last year
To be the best
you have to beat the best
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I blame Mike Binder
Dynorod

Post by Dynorod »

We have, on paper, a very good side. The signings we made were (again on paper) fantastic.

Richards - NRL GF winner
Calderwood - GF winner and leading try scorer
Feka - 23 year old international
Fletcher - experienced

It just hasn't worked. Feka is the only forward making yards, and when he can't play longer than 10 mins at a time, we are struggling. Pat Richards isn't a centre, but is playing well on the wing.

So all in all...........recruitment not that bad.
FOR ALL YOUR PLUMBING NEEDS
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

yeah i blame Mike Binder
To be the best
you have to beat the best
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I third it. Mike Binder is our new scapegoat. :D
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

standishcat posted:
I third it. Mike Binder is our new scapegoat. :D
I agree Mike Binder is to blame for all ills in life.
#1 warrior princess

Re: So Who Is The Scape Goat N...

Post by #1 warrior princess »

Lockers!
You can take the girl out of Wigan, but you can't take Wigan out of the girl!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

A player will only become a scapegoat of the cap fits consistently one week to the next IMO.

As far as I am concerned Lockers errors cost us the game v Saints. That does not mean he is the new scapegoat.

You have to be consistently bad to get bagged repeatedly on the forums and I think there are only two, maybe three players who that could be said about.

Brown who has in my opinion failed to deliver for two seasons, can't tackle and comes up with crucial errors (like Lockers pass in hiw own 20m v Saints) regualrly.

DV for being a shadow of the player he was supposed to be but even he was better v Saints then he has been.

And then we have Orr who splits peoples opinions mainly because he tries hard and tackles well but isn't much cop going forward.

I think Moran got it in the neck because at the end I don't think his game had one redeeming feature.

I don't think any of the three I mention have sunk that low allowing them to become the new scapegoat.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Have you seen Mike Binder play :o

Brendan Hill gave him 90 metres start in a 100 metre sprint and beat him. Colin Whitfield is a tougher tackler. He berats Dennis Moran for intercepts. Every pass he throws is intercepted.

Binder OUT :lol: