Car Park Stewards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Car Park Stewards

Post by cpwigan »

You are not on your own though. How many stewards are there? I've dealt with young people in groups of 20+ and with little or no back up. Take Farnworth and a couple of his more uppety followers out and the rest will fall into place. It's not rocket science.

However, all you have done is confirm that your prepared to be a jobsworth with children but not with 16-25s. That's not great.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
however the stewards aren't on trial mate, we gotta do what we gotta do simple as that
But you've just admitted that you only "do what you gotta do" when it suits you, i.e. against someone who won't/can't retaliate.
I'd say a bunch of drunken louts are more of a safety issue than a little kid who just wants to meet Max.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The problem is you are not exactly cultivating good will picking on kiddies wanting to shake Max's hand etc. It makes you look bad to all supporters.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
don't get on my back mate i'm a west stand fella. nout to do with max and the kiddies
We're talking about stewards in general, not you personally..in answer to this:
can i just ask how many of you guys don't like us stewards?

and if not do you guys mind if i ask why not?

we are noly people trying to do a job, which by the way is keeping all you guys safe on matchdays.
john6028

Post by john6028 »

cpwigan posted:
Sorry mate but I do not care if they are drunk or mob handed. I'm sick and tired of people saying we are afraid etc. I have never been so and I challenge people if they are wrong. I have done so many times and in far worse situations than you have to deal with. Are you telling me that grown men are afraid to deal with Farnworth and his juvenile muppets.
Could you please tell me who Farnworth is?
Thanking You John
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I know the car park stewards are there to do a job and as I posted earlier I was not off hand or abusive, then to have a torrent of abuse and to be threatened by a steward who was on the other side of the car park and had no idea what had been said between myself and the original steward, was totally disgusting. Then to return to my car and find the tyre flat was too much of a coincidence. It is now all too obvious why they where smirking as I left the stadium car park. :angry: Like I said this incident will be reported to the JJB and the company responsible. :angry:

Nine

Post by Nine »

Friends of hours have twice been told by the same female steward that they are not allowed to park in the big car park to the right of the Soccerdonme (as you look at it). The sirst time, she told them it was for away supporters. They told her we don't segregate in rugby league and left the car where it was - until she was out fo sight when they moved it to a different spot. Just in case. Look like that was a wise move.

The second time, her excuse was that this area is reserved for VIPs and other special pass-holders, which is just garbage - that is the area to the left of the Soccerdome. Or at least, if they've changed the designation of the car parks they should put up a sign saying so.

This year the attitude of the stewards has been appalling - I don't know if they are using a different firm, have a diofferet boss or have just got used to being aggressive with soccer fans from the premiership. I just wish tyhey'd stop - it's spoiling out enjoyment of the game day.

I e-mailed the club about a number of incidents but haven't had the courtesy of a reply.

Squad number 18!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Farnwrth is the ring leader of the South Stand idiots. He is the guy who generally gets thrown out at away matches. Hull springs to mind.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

After going to the match last night I am pleased to announce that there were no more altercations with the car park stewards.

I have sent an email to the club and am awaiting a reply from the safety officer, I have also sent letters to Maurice Lindsay and Dave Whelan. The car park stewards appear to be emplpyed by a company called paramount Stewarding and I have also sent an email to them. Their address is paramount.stewarding@talktalk.net just in case anybody else has any grievances. I don't suppose anyone else is interested but I will post if there is any feedback from my letters/emails.

Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

cpwigan posted:
The stewards in and out of the ground are a disgrace.
I agree with you! Power mad little Hittler's!