We will stay up

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Leyther Pie

Re: We will stay up

Post by Leyther Pie »

Yeah come on ellery i need the ammo living in Leigh with a load of Stains and Leythers giving me stick day in day out.
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
if we inish in a relegation spot we should be relegated simple as that we should abide by the rules.
If we stay up because the rules have been changed to allow two teams to be promoted, then we will have abided by the rules in force at the time the relegation would have taken place :sly:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Fraggle posted:
The_Bad_Guy posted:
if we inish in a relegation spot we should be relegated simple as that we should abide by the rules.
If we stay up because the rules have been changed to allow two teams to be promoted, then we will have abided by the rules in force at the time the relegation would have taken place :sly:
I heard on sunday that the top two teams will be promoted from NL1 and 3rd to 8th place will have a playoff to determine another team to come up and have a 15 team league like OZ(if we are to be relegated). I can see the top two coming up but not the playoff to be honest. :sly:
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i hope we stay up by our own means but if we don,t and it takes a change of circumstance so what,it will be forgotten when we win the league next year :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
but its such a cheap way of avoidin the drop, we have been worse than woeful this season and if we finish in the relegation spot we should drop like a brick.
It does not matter how bad we have been there is nothing to be gained by "proudly" getting relegated.

The consiquences are to dire to contemplate with all the good work of bringing on Hock, Hansen, Ashton, Lockers, Goulding and others on over the years and the signings of the likes of Feka all for nothing.

Where do you think we will find players like that again in a hurry? If we mamanged to get out of NL1 we would be facing them playing against us and our lads would at best be of the standard of Wilkes and James, not Hock and Lockers.

Our current players will all leave and for some reason some people seem to think it is a simple matter of getting out of NL1 and regaining our SL place instantly.

If Wigan go down and do come back up then we will be no better off than any other promoted side. We WILL have an NL1 standard squad in SL and that means we will be favourites to go right back down again.

It is not as it was the last time when we got promoted and could assemble a squad on the same basis as any other team.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Keep going Dave. Sooner or later your message will sink in...... won't it? :doz:

There is absolutely nothing to be gained and everything to lose in getting relegated. I don't care how we stay up, but stay up we must.

The present squad may have quite a bit wrong with it, but at least it is a basis on which Noble can build. If we drop he loses what little quality we do have.