Pick Your Pack

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Pick Your Pack

Post by GeoffN »

nathan_rugby posted:
no way feilden is no captain. Was he captain or vice at bradford ? No
The player who should be captain is orr. He is the loudest on the pitch. By the sounds of it fletcher is clearing up his act.
My reason for not likin fletch and lockers is that they seem the main culprits at giving away penalties. It is vital we keep as much field position as we can.
I still don't see where you get this idea that Lockers gives away penalties. One against Catalans, one against Saints, none yesterday.
Fielden was doing a lot of "unofficial" captaincy yesterday...After one of our tries he called everyone back to the middle of the pitch and started to gee them up, and he was doing that all game.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

nathan_rugby posted:
Thats what i think wigans best pack would be. He would just take drives as he would if he was a prop.
So why not play him as a prop then? I think I want my second rows to do a bit more with the ball than just take drives.

And I'm afraid I disagree with your choice of hooker as well, Higham's definitely had the edge over Godwin in recent games.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

nathan_rugby posted:
My opinions. I feel lockers is letting us down as captain and isnt comunicating with players. Danny orr is only one who could do that. Did you see it when richards made 2 mistakes against les cats, lockers didnt say a word it was all orr. When wigan made a mistake you could here andy farrel at the top of south stand. I aint herd lockers voice all year.
Ahh. The words of a boy who reads too much on the message boards and doesn't watch enough rugby.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Likely_Lad posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
My opinions. I feel lockers is letting us down as captain and isnt comunicating with players. Danny orr is only one who could do that. Did you see it when richards made 2 mistakes against les cats, lockers didnt say a word it was all orr. When wigan made a mistake you could here andy farrel at the top of south stand. I aint herd lockers voice all year.
Ahh. The words of a boy who reads too much on the message boards and doesn't watch enough rugby.
i think it is you who ahsnt been watching the rugby likely lad. orr has, for the majority of the season, been doing o'loughlins job. only recently has o'loughlin been talking under the sticks.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

- psycho - posted:
Likely_Lad posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
i think it is you who ahsnt been watching the rugby likely lad. orr has, for the majority of the season, been doing o'loughlins job. only recently has o'loughlin been talking under the sticks.
It's back to that same old question of what you expect a captain's job to be. Is he a motivator? Decision maker? Leader by example? Chief bully? Farrell was all of these things, and definitely one of the all-time great Wigan captains, but not every captain is the same. Last year we had Rads in charge for a lot of the season, and he never stood under the sticks shouting and bawling either, it's not in his personality to do that. Newton was rather more vocal, but we saw against St Helens and Slong's head that perhaps leading by example was not where it's at with him! If the coach thinks Lockers is doing the job he needs to do as captain, then that's good enough for me. Nobby seems to be starting to get things right on the pitch, and he doesn't seem afraid to change things if they are not working. One can only assume that he's happy with his captain's contributions.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Somebody said i had been copying off the posts well i havent. I feel that lockers isnt doing a captains job. I was at the cats game. But if your all saying he is starting getting better. Well it could be to late. 15 games is it ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

nathan_rugby posted:
Somebody said i had been copying off the posts well i havent. I feel that lockers isnt doing a captains job. I was at the cats game. But if your all saying he is starting getting better. Well it could be to late. 15 games is it ?
fielden godwin logan
feka hock
hansen

You're entitled to your opinion, as is anyone on here, but I doubt you'll find anyone to agree with your proposed pack - although to your credit you did get Fielden and Hock right; 2 out of 6 isn't bad
:wink:
emma warriors simply the best

Post by emma warriors simply the best »

well iv got to agree with your team as iv been saying for a while even tho hes the captain lockers should be left out or at least put on the bench the only change i would make to it tho is godwin as i think higham deserves first place after fridays performance and Godwin on the bench
LOYAL
WARRIOR

PHIL BAILEY: "I am totally thrilled to be joining the Wigan Warriors. Everyone believes in the club and I can’t wait to join Wigan for 2007".

Iafeta Paleaaesina:"Our fans support over recent years has been astonishing. They are the backbone of the Club and we are truly grateful for the way they get behind us".

!!!WARRIORS 4 LIFE!!!

Born a WARRIOR!
Live a WARRIOR!
Die a WARRIOR!

we can build this dream together
standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now

Proud to be a wiganer!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Logan Higham Fielden

Fletcher Hock

Loughlin

Feka Hansen and Tickle on the bench

That is the best pack in SL by a mile. We get confidence back well hammer a few good sides.
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

my pack

SR:Hock, Fletcher and Hansen
L:O'loughlin,
PR: Paleaaesina, Logan, Fielden
HK: Higham and Alker (soz wagga)
To be the best
you have to beat the best