BEST SEASON EVER?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: BEST SEASON EVER?

Post by yokozuna »

If we were challenging for the top spot, it would be fairly interesting. But there wouldn't be the urgency and importance with every result, as finishing 2nd or 3rd isn't the end of the world.

Because we are battling to escape the relegation spot, every game is a cup final. Every try we score could mean we stay up. I have never cheered a knock-on so loudly as I did yesterday in the closing moments of the game.

I now live in the Midlands, and know one knows or cares what happens in the world of Rugby League. But this season, people in the office are talking about our results, how we could exacpe relegation - I've even had people tell me what a good signing Fielden is! They have never seen a RL match!

Ironically, Wigan's struggle to avoid relegation could actually prove to be good for Superleague (as long as we stay up, that is).

I'm certainly enjoying the season (now we are actually playing well), and like I said, every game is like a cup final.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

im not convinced this could be our best ever season! but for the ups and downs i cant remember anything like it before. but please lets not do it again! :lol:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Johnnie B Good

Post by Johnnie B Good »

To say "best season ever" is a bit strong, but I know what you all mean. The atmosphere at our matches and afterwards in the s/s bar is electric now! We just need to keep winning and when we stay up it be just a bit special (I guess that it will break a number of records too)
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

even my boss who is a big liverpool football fan ,and dosnt really give to hoots about rugby knows the scores when i go in pon monday morning :lol: the whole world loves wigan :lol: wat ever sport they follow ,but they just wouldnt admit it b4 :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

- psycho - posted:
we are deffinately doing our bit to make it a memorial season.
I think, at least I hope, that you mean "memorable" rather than "memorial" season! Although, given we are still bottom, there's still a chance the season might turn into a rather unhappy memorial for our once-great club...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Someone mentioned an interesting season... that it certainly is...

we've moaned about recruiting the wrong sorts of players... old aussies, useless panic players... things happened before Noble took over...

From seeing a Wigan side play absolutely aweful against Harlequins at home... to the last few games, its amazing... bring along a world-record transfer for fielden... barrett, bailey etc.. for next season... it's been a weird season.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame