David Vaealiki

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cruncher

Re: David Vaealiki

Post by Cruncher »

Treat that article in Yorkshire Today with considerable skepticism.

Most of time, our own Wigan-based press can only guess at the shenanigans behind closed doors at the JJB, so it's likely that their brethren on the other side of the Pennines know even less.

If you need further proof, wasn't it Yorkshire Today, or the YEP, or someone similar over there, who had us signing Sonny Bill Williams a couple of seasons ago?
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

i really now can see him staying! no not from reading that just in general i think nobby will see a decent playter in him he showed on that amaznig run away at leeds in our famous win, that he has the quality and hopefully Nobby's the man! :cool:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

EJC-Ancient n loyal

Post by EJC-Ancient n loyal »

I hope he can live up to his expectations, last year he was effectively the worlds most overpaid academy player. However, if i was him i would be worried that years after i left the club i might be appearing in most overpaid or even worst team of the decade, on websites like this. And if that isn't something to get you goin what is? :conf:
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Mike posted:
According to some yorkshiremen (http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArt ... ID=1864487)
HULL have agreed a new two-year contract with their 27-year-old prop Paul King, who will enjoy a testimonial season with his home-town club next year.
King's plans had been in some doubt with Wigan reported to have offered him a three-year deal which fell through when the two players they were looking to off-load to create space on their salary cap, Kiwi centre David Vaealiki and Australian winger Pat Richards, attracted zero interest from other clubs.
I hope this doesn't mean that we could only have a new prop if we offloaded these two. If it does, we are in trouble again next season!
I really wouldn't pay much attention to that article. I can tell you for certain that there are many untruths in there.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
Mike posted:
According to some yorkshiremen (http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArt ... ID=1864487)
HULL have agreed a new two-year contract with their 27-year-old prop Paul King, who will enjoy a testimonial season with his home-town club next year.
King's plans had been in some doubt with Wigan reported to have offered him a three-year deal which fell through when the two players they were looking to off-load to create space on their salary cap, Kiwi centre David Vaealiki and Australian winger Pat Richards, attracted zero interest from other clubs.
I hope this doesn't mean that we could only have a new prop if we offloaded these two. If it does, we are in trouble again next season!
I really wouldn't pay much attention to that article. I can tell you for certain that there are many untruths in there.
I think it means rugby clubs not fan clubs :wink:
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

robjoenz posted:
:lol: Very funny Rob. There may have been at least one fan club involved :blush: But i was referring to real clubs
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
robjoenz posted:
:lol: Very funny Rob. There may have been at least one fan club involved :blush: But i was referring to real clubs
Which clubs are rumoured to be interested in DV and PR then?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

robjoenz posted:
Vaealikis Girl posted:
robjoenz posted:
Seems no clubs are interested in 2 decent players when you look at there playing careers as a whole.

Therefore it another rumor from RFLfans that the media have got hold of.

Richards i think is a good player, DV has been a disapointment but on his last few games seemed ok and if he gets a decent run and is injury free then he can be just about the best centre in SL. Then again if he carries on playing like he did for most of the time here we need rid.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

thegimble posted:
robjoenz posted:
Vaealikis Girl posted: :lol: Very funny Rob. There may have been at least one fan club involved :blush: But i was referring to real clubs
Seems no clubs are interested in 2 decent players when you look at there playing careers as a whole.

Richards i think is a good player, DV has been a disapointment but on his last few games seemed ok and if he gets a decent run and is injury free then he can be just about the best centre in SL. Then again if he carries on playing like he did for most of the time here we need rid.
Richards is a decent player but Vialeki is not! For nearly three seasons now he has looked terrible, and i still say this, without Orr to cover his arse in defence next year, he will be exposed so badly, not even Leigh would want him as a water boy!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Martin Taylor posted:
thegimble posted:
robjoenz posted: Which clubs are rumoured to be interested in DV and PR then?

Richards is a decent player but Vialeki is not! For nearly three seasons now he has looked terrible, and i still say this, without Orr to cover his arse in defence next year, he will be exposed so badly, not even Leigh would want him as a water boy!
Funny thing you mentioned Orr most wanted him gone and yet when he left most wanted him to stay.

DV has the potential to be a great player. Problem is he has been injured too long and that might have taken a toll.