Who were that awsome team!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Who was that awsome te...

Post by cpwigan »

I thought Hill was the weakest of the forwards tonight. Prescott really does work hard. He may need a rest though and O'Carrol should replace him now and then to freshen him up. Hansen has improved after that mareand Hock by and large put his Salford mare behind him.

Bottom line the whole team is working really hard.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
I thought Hill was the weakest of the forwards tonight. Prescott really does work hard. He may need a rest though and O'Carrol should replace him now and then to freshen him up. Hansen has improved after that mareand Hock by and large put his Salford mare behind him.

I'd agree with all of that, especially the Prescott bit.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

cpwigan posted:

Hill may not be a game breaker but he as a good work rate which when you combine it with Hansen and Prescott lets us get away with ''well 2 props'' just think this combination although not ideal lets us get through the periods that fecca and fletch are off .I like Ocarroll but can you change the team after tonight? glad we have an option at least ,didnt think we would have this season.

We may rest a couple in the cup but to just change the bench when they are performing better is not needed at this stage of the season .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Sorry everyone - Did we win?! I have just got home from working with the scousers and will watch replay later tonight with an ice cold glass of liquid refreshment. Bliss.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
wigan rugby

Post by wigan rugby »

ye we won 30-20
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Doug Stand posted:
Ok,

It's been a long time since I've seen a Wigan performance as good as that. Wigan didn't miss a tackle in the first 40, which is as an impressive stat as any.

copybook stand-off dislay... oh how I've waited for a decent stand-off. TBH I think a tribute to Barret would warrent it's own thread.

Impressed all round. As good as the distance tries were , and let's be honest Barret's second try was just fantastic... dare I say Kenny like... well perhaps even better, as the pass split the defence and there he was to finish off. Anyway what I enjoyed greatly was the the first two tries. Nothing spectacular but doing the basics right. So many time over the last couple of seasons, we've been campd out on the opposition line, without anyone having the inteligence to throw a decent short ball to a bloke running at pace. The second was good old fashioned rugny league, quick hands and a great finish.

I said on a previous thread that this would be the benchmark for Wigan. Very pleasing it is too. Don't get carried away though, we've a long way to go, but we look like a team worthy of top 4.

That being said, just to keep it in perspective. I was dissappointed how we got downfield for the first try. Two knock ons ended up as two Wigan pens... still it's nice to get a bit of luck.

Three times we overran the ball from acting half. that was schoolboy...

and I have to say Hull looked very ordinary in attack tonight. I'd like to think it was down to Wigan's defefence rather than their own poor effort.

Good to see us in our highest league position for a couple of years, makkes the Hull-KR result even more frustrating.
Yes Barretts second reminded me of the Ferguson try against Wire in the cup great RL try . Over running the ball can be rectified in training and I am sure nobby was as frustrated as us so dont think thats a problem .

It is very frustraing when you think of that first half against HKR but it also seems to have been a kick up the backside for the whole team as since they have improved and played with more desire and pride.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
joez boys

Re: Who were that awsome team!

Post by joez boys »

Well done, lads.. Keep it up.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Little Miss posted:
Oh my god was that really Wigan!

Thats it I'm booking my tickets for the Saints match first thing!

WELL DONE WIGAN! You were ACE!!!

:) :) :) :)
They really looked like a top 4 team on tonights performance. Well done Nobby and the real Warriors!!!
wiganstripleL

Post by wiganstripleL »

lucky 13 posted:
cpwigan posted:

Bottom line the whole team is working really hard...

Hill may not be a game breaker but he as a good work rate which when you combine it with Hansen and Prescott lets us get away with ''well 2 props'' just think this combination although not ideal lets us get through the periods that fecca and fletch are off .I like Ocarroll but can you change the team after tonight? glad we have an option at least ,didnt think we would have this season......................."lets us get away with 2 props? id class paul prescott as our 3rd prop now he was brilliant last night both in attack and defence i went the game and watched it when i got back home and i was shocked to how strong he takes the ball up! so to say we get away with having 2 props is an insult to the lad!
chubbybigcat

Post by chubbybigcat »

the pass from barrett was simply godlike- the vision and the execution was simply awesome- more of the same please! :D