Who will replace Faz

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

Re: Who will replace Faz

Post by the grinch »

if farrell decides to go into union there is nothing wigan can do to stop him.if it takes a year to sort out or an hour there is nothing wigan can do to stop it.what can they do make him play! ban him from ever playing leauge again.if he wants to leave and play ice hockey we cant stop him.we can try and claim compenstaion for the contract he should have hounored but he will still be leaving. mr whealan has no power to put a time limit on negoatiations.its two diffrent sports and the bosses of each code love nothing better than to get one over.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

the grinch posted:
if farrell decides to go into union there is nothing wigan can do to stop him.if it takes a year to sort out or an hour there is nothing wigan can do to stop it.what can they do make him play! ban him from ever playing leauge again.if he wants to leave and play ice hockey we cant stop him.we can try and claim compenstaion for the contract he should have hounored but he will still be leaving. mr whealan has no power to put a time limit on negoatiations.its two diffrent sports and the bosses of each code love nothing better than to get one over.
Yes he can. He is contracted for another season. Yes DW can put a timlimit on it as he hold the contract and he says if Faz can go or not. DW holds all the cards here as the RFU needs Faz for at the latest September this year to give him time to get ready for the WC 2007.

If DW turns round friday and says right thats it your staying Faz has only 2 alternatives go on strike and not get paid or retire.

DW can make Faz stay but out of respect has given him the decision but he has until friday as then DW will make the decision for him.

Oh and as for going to play another sport (RU) how do you think all us supporters would react to that and also DW would take him to court. Because he has the financial power to do that.

RFU must face reality either get it sorted by the end of the week or loose there man. DW has done the right thing, our concern is not Faz but the rest of the squad the deserve to now where they stand.

If Faz went on strike until 2006 he would be yoo late to get himself ready for the WC. You see DW holds the cards here and not Faz or the RFU.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: Get real, this is a done deal, and has been for ages, it's just waiting to be rubber stamped, by the RFL & RFU. Farrell has become just another rat jumping ship, and what happens to the money ? MO has said we can't spend it !
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

How do you figure that out? If it's a done deal then it has been done behind everyones back because DW is clearly not happy, he's had enough waiting around that's why there is now a deadline.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
gab0512 posted:
He has said nothing, and I expected more from a Captain!!
BTW I know there's a thought that, since we buy our season tickets etc, that we help pay Farrell's wages so he's in some part answerable to the fans in matters like this, but I'm a public sector worker so your taxes pay for me, and I've certainly no intention of telling anyone on here about my work contract! Why should he be any different to me?
I don't have a choice but to pay my taxes....

Thinking about it, that being the case the salaries and contract details of every public sector worker should be published for all to see!

Come on Fraggle. Spill the beans. Are you on £167K a year or £200K a year? We need to know.

I don't think anyone is asking him to disclose details of his contract or negotiations anyway.

In terms of this thing dragging on and Farrell's silence if he goes tomorrow then it would have been far better had the whole thing been kept quiet until there was an announcment to be made.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble posted:
Yes he can. He is contracted for another season. Yes DW can put a timlimit on it as he hold the contract and he says if Faz can go or not. DW holds all the cards here as the RFU needs Faz for at the latest September this year to give him time to get ready for the WC 2007.

If DW turns round friday and says right thats it your staying Faz has only 2 alternatives go on strike and not get paid or retire.

DW can make Faz stay but out of respect has given him the decision but he has until friday as then DW will make the decision for him.

Oh and as for going to play another sport (RU) how do you think all us supporters would react to that and also DW would take him to court. Because he has the financial power to do that.

RFU must face reality either get it sorted by the end of the week or loose there man. DW has done the right thing, our concern is not Faz but the rest of the squad the deserve to now where they stand.

If Faz went on strike until 2006 he would be yoo late to get himself ready for the WC. You see DW holds the cards here and not Faz or the RFU.
Agree 100%. The club has already allowed Farrell to explore the possibility of a switch when it didn't need to.

It has been patient and needs an answer then it can move on if he is going. It needs to know one way or the other as that is in the best interests of the club.

While Farrell reamins a Wigan player it can't use his slot on the 20/20 or salary on anyone else so the clubs hands are tied should they want to move for other players.

The longer this drags on there is more potential for players who might replace him to slip through the net.

Had it been decided already I have no doubt we would have made a move for SBW (although I think it would have been rejected but that is not the point). As it is the club can't sign players.

I do think he will leave the I think that the hold up is merely that the RFU wanted him to walk into the press conference on two feet not in crutches!

Wigan should not pander to that sort of thing or let the RFU dictate the timetable when it stops it from getting on with the job of strengthening the squad.

Dave
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

DaveO posted:
Agree 100%. The club has already allowed Farrell to explore the possibility of a switch when it didn't need to.

It has been patient and needs an answer then it can move on if he is going. It needs to know one way or the other as that is in the best interests of the club.

While Farrell reamins a Wigan player it can't use his slot on the 20/20 or salary on anyone else so the clubs hands are tied should they want to move for other players.

The longer this drags on there is more potential for players who might replace him to slip through the net.

Had it been decided already I have no doubt we would have made a move for SBW (although I think it would have been rejected but that is not the point). As it is the club can't sign players.

I do think he will leave the I think that the hold up is merely that the RFU wanted him to walk into the press conference on two feet not in crutches!

Wigan should not pander to that sort of thing or let the RFU dictate the timetable when it stops it from getting on with the job of strengthening the squad.

Dave
Getting worried now DaveO I'm actually agreeing to one of your posts. Nice to see more optimistic tones showing through as well :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gab0512 posted:

Getting worried now DaveO I'm actually agreeing to one of your posts. Nice to see more optimistic tones showing through as well :D
I wouldn't call it optimism. Resignation more like!

Dave
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

DaveO posted:
gab0512 posted:

I wouldn't call it optimism. Resignation more like!

Dave
Just burst my bubble DaveO :(

Still plenty of the season to go in order to work on it :D