Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote:what's the point in taking you through it - if I make a good point which is none by Trublues account you won't say out you just ignore it and move on to the next put me down - does trueblue ref wigan ath?

I stand by what I say we haven't made any good new signings in my opinion - if you think ST would have come back to us if his NRl lifestyle and career would have been better for him you are delusional :slee: :slee:

I think letting chris hill slip through was a mistake a big one fare enough sidlow and dean maybe not but sidlow is still playing and prekkys not
But Sam T is coming back FACT and signing for us FACT he is also a good NRL player FACT and a STAR at SL level FACT!!

There is only one delusional poster here, suggesting Wigan have missed out by not signing Dwyer, Sidlow, Dean and Wilde (still never heard of him)!!

Your opinions on the abilities of certain players is laughable!! Cuthbertson a STAR player, Sidlow better than Preccy who played most of his career with serious injuries, Dwyer setting the SL alight, Russell before Bowen and ST! Suppose you would like Mathers and Tim Smith back to play behind Sidlow.

We never let Hill slip through the net he was never our player.

We haven't made any good signings? Ok so you don't rate Bateman then?

Clearly the Wigan youth system has upset you in some way be it directly or through a friend, my advice is get over it!!
Stop feeding him once he mentioned Sam as an agreement i almost past out. A contract is an agreement. Sam wants to play for us and if that does not make everyone happy then if not i genuine think they are trolling.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote:what's the point in taking you through it - if I make a good point which is none by Trublues account you won't say out you just ignore it and move on to the next put me down - does trueblue ref wigan ath?

I stand by what I say we haven't made any good new signings in my opinion - if you think ST would have come back to us if his NRl lifestyle and career would have been better for him you are delusional :slee: :slee:

I think letting chris hill slip through was a mistake a big one fare enough sidlow and dean maybe not but sidlow is still playing and prekkys not
But Sam T is coming back FACT and signing for us FACT he is also a good NRL player FACT and a STAR at SL level FACT!!

There is only one delusional poster here, suggesting Wigan have missed out by not signing Dwyer, Sidlow, Dean and Wilde (still never heard of him)!!

Your opinions on the abilities of certain players is laughable!! Cuthbertson a STAR player, Sidlow better than Preccy who played most of his career with serious injuries, Dwyer setting the SL alight, Russell before Bowen and ST! Suppose you would like Mathers and Tim Smith back to play behind Sidlow.

We never let Hill slip through the net he was never our player.

We haven't made any good signings? Ok so you don't rate Bateman then?

Clearly the Wigan youth system has upset you in some way be it directly or through a friend, my advice is get over it!!
Stop feeding him once he mentioned Sam as an agreement i almost past out. A contract is an agreement. Sam wants to play for us and if that does not make everyone happy then if not i genuine think they are trolling.
Gimble, so I take you don't agree with him then? :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We could do with a NRL centre though.

I'm prepared to accept that the quality of signings from the NRL will not be as high as it once was right now. Hopefully this will only last 5 or so more years until the exchange rates turn around and we can start grabbing the last 2 or 3 seasons from an NRL star's career again. Until then, I think a second-string or bit-part NRL centre would be the best we can do and I'd be happy with that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

bomhead wrote:we had a none discloser agreement with Sam so he had no choice, we had first refusal and you would sooner sign a load of cheap players than one or two brilliant ones.... are you IL in disguise?
Sam very nearly went to Warrington. Please tell me how any agreement was in place to prevent that?

Thought not!

He was "open" to the highest bidder and Wigan paid plenty to make sure he returned to us than the wire
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TrueBlueWarrior

butt monkey wrote:
bomhead wrote:we had a none discloser agreement with Sam so he had no choice, we had first refusal and you would sooner sign a load of cheap players than one or two brilliant ones.... are you IL in disguise?
Sam very nearly went to Warrington. Please tell me how any agreement was in place to prevent that?

Thought not!

He was "open" to the highest bidder and Wigan paid plenty to make sure he returned to us than the wire
Another voice of reason, thank you BM!

'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I personally would have cuthbertson at Wigan in a heartbeat.Proper good,old fashioned,ball playing prop,loose forward or second row.Reminds me of Brian fletcher,who himself was very good in a weak Wigan team.
I also thought he did well in the NRL.There was just too many other good Aussies who suite there system better.
The Aussies always seem to pick players in this way
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

PF Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Wane has brought the majority of this team thru the academy so you've got that bit wrong about Wane being no good with kids.

Sorry, it seems I'm having a go at you, I'm not & I very rarely debate I let others get on with it. I just get fed up of all the Wane bashing that's all. He's a good bloke who I've know for years. There's no airs or graces with him what you see is what you get.
I cannot see why some on this Forum take delight in calling Shaun. He has not done a bad job during his tenure as coach. Silverware, 2 Grand final appearances, one of which we only lost due Ben seeing red and a double. We are in a good position for the Super 8's, (could end up 2nd if HKR shape themselves tonight). I don't think he's done a bad job at all. :)
I think you will find that it mainly comes from 'Trojan Horses' from other clubs, those with a personal grudge against him for some reason or those who have nothing better to do than just moan about him for moaning's sake and would be no different whoever was the Coach.

Like Josie says, some of the comments are not only unfair, but at times, nasty and even now getting boring.

Anyone would think we were Wakefield and not Wigan when you read some of the comments.
TrueBlueWarrior

Firestarter wrote:I personally would have cuthbertson at Wigan in a heartbeat.Proper good,old fashioned,ball playing prop,loose forward or second row.Reminds me of Brian fletcher,who himself was very good in a weak Wigan team.
I also thought he did well in the NRL.There was just too many other good Aussies who suite there system better.
The Aussies always seem to pick players in this way
I agree he is a good player and would have him at Wigan but he is not a star player! It's just like the overuse of the word legend!!
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

Oooo so Cuthbertsons a good player now is he.....but not a star hahahaha
And there was a none dicloser agreement IL put it all over Wigan TV!! The reason you have trouble understanding my post is you don't read and you strike me as very oppionated one of those who just trys to shout you down - I now read carefully I never said Matty Russell is better than ST u asked who would have been better at the time that ST was leaving instead of Bowen and I said I can't remember who was out of contract but Matty Russell was home grown and would have been a worth a try. You said which home grown talent have we missed I said Chris hill you said he was never are player.......exactly we missed him. They are all fare points and so what I don't agree with everything that wane does doesn't mean I hate the bloke! ST was hardly a star in the NRL like you said he was a good player but not a star and before anyone else says it I am happy sams come back but our recruitment is way off the mark and we do miss out on youth as well
http://warringtonwolves.com/team-player-130 here's a link to Sam Wilde from wire who's from shevy you must not have watched the Wigan wire match when eddy said 'this kids from shevington sharks and he is carrying the Wigan pack on his back' :wink: :wink: trublue indeed
TrueBlueWarrior

bomhead wrote:Oooo so Cuthbertsons a good player now is he.....but not a star hahahaha
And there was a none dicloser agreement IL put it all over Wigan TV!! The reason you have trouble understanding my post is you don't read and you strike me as very oppionated one of those who just trys to shout you down - I now read carefully I never said Matty Russell is better than ST u asked who would have been better at the time that ST was leaving instead of Bowen and I said I can't remember who was out of contract but Matty Russell was home grown and would have been a worth a try. You said which home grown talent have we missed I said Chris hill you said he was never are player.......exactly we missed him. They are all fare points and so what I don't agree with everything that wane does doesn't mean I hate the bloke! ST was hardly a star in the NRL like you said he was a good player but not a star and before anyone else says it I am happy sams come back but our recruitment is way off the mark and we do miss out on youth as well
http://warringtonwolves.com/team-player-130 here's a link to Sam Wilde from wire who's from shevy you must not have watched the Wigan wire match when eddy said 'this kids from shevington sharks and he is carrying the Wigan pack on his back' :wink: :wink: trublue indeed
If you read back through the thread I always said he was a good player but not a star!! So what is your point.....again?

What on Earth are you going on about Sam again for? He has SIGNED for us simple as that as about another 4-5 posters have said to you or are we all wrong?

You said we should have kept Russell I said in place of Bowen and ST, no thank you again very simple to understand, he is not good enough for Wigan.

Chris Hill is a good player and yes would be an assert to us! Can you name me one team in any sport that doesn't miss out on home grown talent at some point? No didn't think so! Like I said before your argument is unrealistic as we currently have 21 out of 30 in our squad come through our ranks, not bad eh!!

Yes I am opinionated and funnily enough a forum is for sharing opinions, on this topic I disagree with yours clearly!!

Wow, Wilde played one decent SL game, is he a star as well!!

Stars of RL DO NOT PLAY IN SL UNFORTUNATELY THEY PLAY IN THE NRL, and that include Cuthbertson!!

Have you not realised why no one has supported your posts but many have mine? You are talking garbage that's why!!