Konrad Hurrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
menpond

Re: Konrad Hurrell

Post by menpond »

What is a proper centre.? Miles,Holden.,a young Renouf, Goodway, Hanley,Ashton,Davies Tomkins ,? All capable of playing in the centre at test level. Is that proper enough?
mp
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

menpond wrote:What is a proper centre.? Miles,Holden.,a young Renouf, Goodway, Hanley,Ashton,Davies Tomkins ,? All capable of playing in the centre at test level. Is that proper enough?

For me, a 'proper ' is a player that has played centre all his career!! Yes there are players that can play in other positions at a high level......utility players I believe they call them Menpond, and yes I would give my right arm for a miles, young renouf, even an old renouf would be better than what we've got! Except gildart who is a great prospect.

Now like I said, I would love some experienced natural centres at Wigan!! Ala George Carmont

Matt
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Miles,Holden.,a young Renouf, Goodway, Hanley,Ashton,Davies Tomkins
Miles,Holden,YOUNG and OLD Renouf, Ashton,Davies = proper centres. I was tempted to include Ellery re his Balmain stint but I think LF was his optimum position.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Latest news:
Konrad Hurrell's days at the Warriors appear numbered but the clock is ticking if he is to leave this season, with the June 30 NRL player transfer deadline fast approaching.
The Herald on Sunday understands the already strained relations between Hurrell and the Warriors have almost completely broken down in the wake of the prescription pills and energy drinks saga that engulfed the club recently.
Hurrell is contracted to the Warriors until the end of 2018 and wants to stay in Auckland despite languishing in reserve grade most of the season. He's made four NRL appearances off the bench in games against the Storm, Knights, Roosters and Sea Eagles.
The Warriors are keen to let him go and would consider paying a portion of his wages if another club made a reasonable offer to buy out his big-money contract, believed to be around $500,000 a season.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11639250
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!