What is the truth

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: What is the truth

Post by josie andrews »

doc wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Joe Bretherton out for two months ????
What's wrong with him Josie?
Asked Joe today while he was stood with us at Swinton & he replied that a Cas player landed on the back of his neck. He said he should be okay in a couple of weeks ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wandering Warrior wrote::with:
Yes, and let's see the back of the Sky money and go back to part time where the players work all day and train at night!
That's what winter rugby would do!!
And while we are at it we could cause even more ground problems for ourselves.
Exactly
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
doc wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Joe Bretherton out for two months ????
What's wrong with him Josie?
Asked Joe today while he was stood with us at Swinton & he replied that a Cas player landed on the back of his neck. He said he should be okay in a couple of weeks ????
Do Cas players train with us now? :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Sounds like Joe took a nasty knock? Dirty?

In the meantime, we won at Swinton with the halfback pairing of Tomkins (J) and Gregson. Great work by everyone who stepped into the breach.

If we get Tommy, Williams and Lockers back for the 3 games in 8 days, and don't lose any more players, we could well be very competitive. Neither Saints nor Wire look that good just now.

Powell may be fit soon, I guess? If he is, I would drop McIllorum and play another prop.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
doc wrote: What's wrong with him Josie?
Do Cas players train with us now? :wink:
????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Powell may be fit soon, I guess? If he is, I would drop McIllorum and play another prop.
Not only are you are obsessed with playing one hooker you would be daft enough to drop McIlorum who is a far better hooker than Powell will ever be.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

DaveO wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Not only are you are obsessed with playing one hooker you would be daft enough to drop McIlorum who is a far better hooker than Powell will ever be.
One dimensional Mick is nowhere near as good as Powell is
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
When he finds his form and full fitness then yes,as it stands as he plays back into full fitness then Powell is more than a match.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Trouble is its easy to get things confused with Powell

Powell is a half back who covered hooker and has done extremely well in covering that role. However that does not make him an extremely good hooker.

Micky when fit will still be one of the top hookers in the league and its unfair to compare Powell and him judged on this position.

Sam has run his blood to water for Wigan and he has played well for us in what was an alien role. Given a few more years as a hooker (if thats how he sees himself now) he may become one of the better hookers in the league but for now he is not as good in that position as a fit Mickey Mc.

I would say Powell is now around the standard of Logan Tomkins, good enough to be in a team in the role, but he isnt going to be getting the england 9 jersey for example anytime soon, thats no disrespect to Sam just how it is
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Trouble is its easy to get things confused with Powell

Powell is a half back who covered hooker and has done extremely well in covering that role. However that does not make him an extremely good hooker.

Micky when fit will still be one of the top hookers in the league and its unfair to compare Powell and him judged on this position.

Sam has run his blood to water for Wigan and he has played well for us in what was an alien role. Given a few more years as a hooker (if thats how he sees himself now) he may become one of the better hookers in the league but for now he is not as good in that position as a fit Mickey Mc.

I would say Powell is now around the standard of Logan Tomkins, good enough to be in a team in the role, but he isnt going to be getting the england 9 jersey for example anytime soon, thats no disrespect to Sam just how it is
Spot on. Best assessment of SP I've seen.