Squad v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Squad v Hull KR

Post by ddtftf »

WE REALLY DESPERATLY NEED THE NRL 2 CHALLENGE THE REF DECISSIONS TO EACH TEAM the only reason we don`t adopt it is Hick would loose every one .
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Gerrumonside wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:11 pm
ddtftf wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:04 pm Maybe you have not been watching as long as i have and seen the quality falling over the years
Been watching since a kid at Central Park so not sure where your coming from but suffice to say I won’t post what I was going to reply as I’m just unhappy with the game - I’ll argue with you later
Ddtftf please ignore my post - get what you we’re saying now! Just gutted at loosing like that.

Sorry
moto748

Post by moto748 »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:14 pm WE REALLY DESPERATLY NEED THE NRL 2 CHALLENGE THE REF DECISSIONS TO EACH TEAM the only reason we don`t adopt it is Hick would loose every one .
It's quite simple. We just don't have the necessary technology/money to do that. I think it's a great idea, though.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

All good attacking teams have a hooker who will look to go forward from the play the ball and get the team on the front foot we’ve not had that for years and as long as we have Powell nothing will change. When he went off Hastings had to go nine with Field in the halves, as presumably this is what we will start with next year. Too many individual mistakes, drop balls, missing one on one tackles.

Concerned that we may not make the play offs and the team is not good enough to compete for trophies next year either. We need a joey lussick type of player, and improve our back line. I think today proved that Lam needs to be replaced for next season because it was a game we could have won with a better coach.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Very entertaining game and we're starting to show some attacking threat. Even though Hastings had a great game in the halves, I reckon we should have put him at hooker once Sam had his head smashed into the ground by a player standing after a tackle. Field on the halves.

BTW it's obvious how the service from hooker was affected by his absence and with us not playing an experienced hooker replacement, but how much defense did we lose with Sam off the field?

It would be great to coach support play and the odd offload, because HullKR are showing that this style of game is entertaining and the games going to die if the on field product doesn't improve. The last two weeks have had a couple of crackers, both involving HKR. iMO the rules should gradually change to favour this style of game.

The major annoyance outside of the second half result was the HullKR player having a convenient head injury four tackles after the incident. Blatent gamesmanship that the game has to deal with. It's very very easy to use this for your teams advantage unless there is some sort of downside.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

As always recently, a good fast hooker as hurt us, Parcell, Clarke Roby Dwyer etc but we continue with Powell, Bad selection/tactics or blind loyalty due to the wigan way
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

acwrlfc wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:00 pm As always recently, a good fast hooker as hurt us, Parcell, Clarke Roby Dwyer etc but we continue with Powell, Bad selection/tactics or blind loyalty due to the wigan way
As Powell lasted 5 minutes he cannot cop Any blame tonight.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Agreed but a perfect example of how quick hookers influence the game compared to our current number nine
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Mike wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:44 pm Very entertaining game and we're starting to show some attacking threat. Even though Hastings had a great game in the halves, I reckon we should have put him at hooker once Sam had his head smashed into the ground by a player standing after a tackle. Field on the halves.

BTW it's obvious how the service from hooker was affected by his absence and with us not playing an experienced hooker replacement, but how much defense did we lose with Sam off the field?

It would be great to coach support play and the odd offload, because HullKR are showing that this style of game is entertaining and the games going to die if the on field product doesn't improve. The last two weeks have had a couple of crackers, both involving HKR. iMO the rules should gradually change to favour this style of game.

The major annoyance outside of the second half result was the HullKR player having a convenient head injury four tackles after the incident. Blatent gamesmanship that the game has to deal with. It's very very easy to use this for your teams advantage unless there is some sort of downside.
I'm not sure I agree regarding our attacking threat. We scored 14 points against a decent defence but one that probably isn't top 4 standard and one of the tries we scored was lucky, having come from a mistake by a player out of position. Other than that we scored our trademark tries in the corner having to resort to some incredibly good finishes to score. They were tries we really had no right to score. Basically, we could very easily have been nilled in that game. We still weren't creating good opportunities or making many breaks anywhere on the field.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:08 pm
acwrlfc wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:00 pm As always recently, a good fast hooker as hurt us, Parcell, Clarke Roby Dwyer etc but we continue with Powell, Bad selection/tactics or blind loyalty due to the wigan way
As Powell lasted 5 minutes he cannot cop Any blame tonight.
:lol:

I was wondering who would mention this.