Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Lam Out!

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:12 am
jaws1 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:44 am Bullock and Singleton were starting props last season with Bullock was our best forward against Saints took him off after 15 mins not even on the team sheet tonight .Clarke impressed in the few games he made a cameo Clubb rumours as it he had a fall out with Lam about game time. You cannot play kids as a full pack even if they are giving 100% our back row is lightweight we have no go forwards. Who is the backs coach he should be sacked we have never looked like a team that can penetrate a defense. A lot of this is Lam's making the spectators can see what is happening his team selection needs a lot to be desired playing players out of position as to discipline a lot of this is coming out of frustration. Do the honorable thing Lam and resign now IL have the balls to sack him. You cannot hide behind injuries all the time when you think about it we have only had 3 long term injuries French, Field and Gildart and the suspensions did not help. Losing French early doors showed that he was the difference last year papering over the cracks.
I agree with you on that. Don’t know why Lam doesn’t pick certain players.
If there’s something not right behind the scenes they should be shipped out
How do you do that to contracted players?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

How much do we expect things to really change with Peet in charge next season if the rumours are true?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:02 am How much do we expect things to really change with Peet in charge next season if the rumours are true?
for me we need a complete clear out

the good dr is looking for a club he could buy out IL and clear the decks
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:00 am
jaws1 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:44 am Bullock and Singleton were starting props last season with Bullock was our best forward against Saints took him off after 15 mins not even on the team sheet tonight .Clarke impressed in the few games he made a cameo Clubb rumours as it he had a fall out with Lam about game time. You cannot play kids as a full pack even if they are giving 100% our back row is lightweight we have no go forwards. Who is the backs coach he should be sacked we have never looked like a team that can penetrate a defense. A lot of this is Lam's making the spectators can see what is happening his team selection needs a lot to be desired playing players out of position as to discipline a lot of this is coming out of frustration. Do the honorable thing Lam and resign now IL have the balls to sack him. You cannot hide behind injuries all the time when you think about it we have only had 3 long term injuries French, Field and Gildart and the suspensions did not help. Losing French early doors showed that he was the difference last year papering over the cracks.
Surprise surprise I knew you had something to say.
Like it’s been said contracts mean nothing these days.
I bet if the club said they were available they could of moved them on
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

the pieman wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:27 am Bateman is a weird one, I'd say he is suffering from Lams tactics we don't seem to spread the ball as much and Bateman ends up running into defenders than trying to get through a gap. Add the predictability of the attack means opposition teams are able to number up vs our "threat players"
yep, could be that, but for me he just doesnt seem to have that spark that we are used to. The get into their faces, niggle, absolute nightmare to tackle John Bateman. The guy that would love to stand up to Jamie Peacock et al, and love it, just doesnt seem to be with us at the minute

He had 2 shoulder ops just before we bought him. I said at the time it was a risk that we shouldn't take and sadly it looks like it is.

I will be delighted if I am wrong but it's not looking that way atm. :(
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I appreciate that Lam can't say much in mitigation when he answers questions after that shambles but what is he talking about when he says that 'we bombed tries!' We never looked like scoring.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

We can talk on here till were blue in the face on here about the situation Wigan are in.But till IFL sacks Lam and Rads then half the squad have to go at the same because they just not good enough Surely IFL should treat Wigan like one of his business I bet here's sacked people for not performing
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:22 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:00 am

Surprise surprise I knew you had something to say.
Like it’s been said contracts mean nothing these days.
I bet if the club said they were available they could of moved them on
As easy as that, who knew, amazing stuff.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:08 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:02 am How much do we expect things to really change with Peet in charge next season if the rumours are true?
for me we need a complete clear out

the good dr is looking for a club he could buy out IL and clear the decks

Wish he would he is on about buying Leigh he also said that he was naive when he first bought Salford and no experience. John Wells would be an ideal candidate to give him assistance very knowledgeable about the game.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

NOTHING,we need a mass clear out of coaching staff and bring an outsider with no WIGAN connections sadly that wont happen so we will have to put up with same old s##t Wane was not renowned for open rugby.Peet being on the coaching staff now at this moment what is his contribution to this garbage.