Terry Newton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
outback wiganer

Re: Terry Newton

Post by outback wiganer »

I really do hope that the minutes silence is given the respect it deserves. I know Terry had his critics as a player, as do all players, especially if you are a great player, as Terry Newton was. I would like to think it will be observed by everyone in the ground, but somehow I can't help feeling that it may not. Differences between clubs fans at these sad times should be put aside and the rugby league family come together. If only for a minute of your life.
dragonlady

Post by dragonlady »

on the field no angel that was clear in teams you install fear! but most of all off field a gentleman supreme i was so lucky to have you in our team. you will be missed more than you ever know to me and my daughter you will always be our wigan hero. bye tel one of the best!!!!
After friday s debarcle something is sadly wrong at the jjb.And if brian noble does not then perhap Joe Lydon could ???Something has to done and SOON.Some one is responsable for this mess.Could it have anything to do with trent is leaving and one of our best players higham has been told he is goingto.BUT we are keeping Fieldon who had one game worth paying.THEN we are the ONLYteam in super league that has a player who does 10 mins.each half .So i think those issues do not helpdoes anyone have views on this matter?
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

I have every faith in the crowd on saturday, because we have something that a lot of other sports dont have RESPECT. The minutes applause came in because Football couldnt observe an occaision were you reflect on a persons life, we respect all our rugby league players although we may despise the odd one or two. I believe that the rugby league family will show the world that we respect our Terry and whatever his mistakes we forgive him and wish he was still here RIP Terry.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I hate the applause concept. Minutes silence for me every time
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

shocked is the word.
rest in peace terry
x
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12041923

So, so very sad. I hope his passing wasn't in vain and some good can come of it in way of offering players at the end of their careers some support.
Terry must have been in an incredibly dark place and been there for a while, leading up to that tragic night.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, RIP Tez, you're missed
xx

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Shame isn't it this confirmation of rumour.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ancientnloyal wrote:Shame isn't it this confirmation of rumour.
It is, but from the family's point of view, Open Verdict is far preferable!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Steroids impare judgment as do all the drugs he took but even an expert can't say for sure whether he was taking them because he felt suicidal or felt suicidal because he was taking them. Coroners get paid far too much for far too little imo, still I hope the open verdict gives some comfort to his family.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."