Scott Taylor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: scott taylor

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:
medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Image
Wrong again Mr know it all
:lol: :roll: How many time have you slated Fielden in the last few months! You are a sad troll nothing more Medlocke.

wow you really are up your own arse aren't you and for your information i was taking the piss out of certain fans who slate players before they have been given a chance
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
medlocke wrote: Wrong again Mr know it all
:lol: :roll: How many time have you slated Fielden in the last few months! You are a sad troll nothing more Medlocke.

wow you really are up your own arse aren't you and for your information i was taking the piss out of certain fans who slate players before they have been given a chance
Self confessed troll :wink:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:
medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote: :lol: :roll: How many time have you slated Fielden in the last few months! You are a sad troll nothing more Medlocke.

Self confessed troll :wink:
I am now and then but not on this occasion
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

weststand-rich wrote:I do think you're slow Mike :o
Thanks Rich, but please dont tell everybody. :lol:
Wes

Post by Wes »

Excellent signing imo, a hungry young forward to replace a broken one and one who didnt turn up since finding pastures new. A very good move in my book, a fit old head alongside him would be ideal an Andy Lynch type.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

29wes28 wrote:Excellent signing imo, a hungry young forward to replace a broken one and one who didnt turn up since finding pastures new. A very good move in my book, a fit old head alongside him would be ideal an Andy Lynch type.
I don't think he should be viewed as a replacement for Lima. This is a bit like signing a Mossop or a Dudson. One for the future and it's a bit unfair on Taylor to suggest he is a replacement for Lima and equally unfair to say Lima is "broken". He may well have had a poor 2nd half of the season - bit so did most of the team (and coach!).

Lima won the Lance Todd trophy in the 2011 CC final, is an NZ international and had 6 years in the NRL before joining us. You don't replace that kind of talent and experience with a 21 year old prop.

Taylor is a good signing but it is to be hoped he hasn't been signed as a direct replacement for Lima (or Fielden) and the club is going to manage to add some experience to the front row.

markill

Post by markill »

DaveO wrote:
29wes28 wrote:Excellent signing imo, a hungry young forward to replace a broken one and one who didnt turn up since finding pastures new. A very good move in my book, a fit old head alongside him would be ideal an Andy Lynch type.
I don't think he should be viewed as a replacement for Lima. This is a bit like signing a Mossop or a Dudson. One for the future and it's a bit unfair on Taylor to put suggest he is a replacement for Lima and equally unfair to say Lima is "broken". He may well have had a poor 2nd half of the season - bit so did most of the team (and coach!).

Lima won the Lance Todd trophy in the 2011 CC final, is an NZ international and had 6 years in the NRL before joining us. You don't replace that kind of talent and experience with a 21 year old prop.

Taylor is a good signing but it is to be hoped he hasn't been signed as a direct replacement for Lima (or Fielden) and the club is going to manage to add some experience to the front row.
I think he is saying Fielden is broken and Lima didn't turn up after finding pastures new Dave.

I think people don't appreciate the experience Prescott and Mossop now have after playing for a number of years and playing in finals - not to mention other forwards in the pack like Hansen, Lockers and Hock who have been around the first team for a decade or more now.

If we do find an appropriate experienced prop to sign it wouldn't be a bad thing, but there is some experience in the pack, and a head coach who has plenty of experience in that regard too.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

markill wrote:
If we do find an appropriate experienced prop to sign it wouldn't be a bad thing, but there is some experience in the pack, and a head coach who has plenty of experience in that regard too.
I rate Prescott but that still leaves us with only two experienced props - him and Lauaki and I don't rate the latter anyway having seen nothing this season to suggest he could lead the pack for the younger players.

What concerns me is our coach thinking these young players are experienced enough to stand toe to toe with the likes of Bailey and Morely in the same way he no doubt thought Murphy could just slot into a semi final team. I am concerned he has too much faith in the kids.

I am all for giving youth a chance but you have to get the balance right between youth and experience. Taylor is a good signing viewed in isolation but looking at the wider picture we are still short on experience IMO.
12webbl

Post by 12webbl »

Heard we are competing with Newcastle Knight and Wakefield for Justin Poore. Anyone else heard anything about this ?
markill

Post by markill »

12webbl wrote:Heard we are competing with Newcastle Knight and Wakefield for Justin Poore. Anyone else heard anything about this ?
its been discussed in the 'new rumours' thread
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod