SACK SW NOW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: SACK SW NOW

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:The sooner Wane goes the better. Bite the bulet and offer it to Edwards OR get another quality Australian coach.
Well that's you off the fence then :lol:

What brought that on?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The sooner Wane goes the better. Bite the bulet and offer it to Edwards OR get another quality Australian coach.

What brought that on?
I'd refer back to his earlier comment. If a difference cannot be resolved and one of the best players in SL cannot be handled, the coach should take a serious look at himself!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:

What brought that on?
I'd refer back to his earlier comment. If a difference cannot be resolved and one of the best players in SL cannot be handled, the coach should take a serious look at himself!
If so I have some sympathy with that view. As has been mentioned elsewhere about how Hanley and Gregory were handled by Lowe it's the coaches job to deal with the awkward players and get them to play for the club. It's often the best players who need the most man-management but regardless of that it's just not very good if it comes to this with any player.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote: Well that's you off the fence then :lol:

What brought that on?
If so I have some sympathy with that view. As has been mentioned elsewhere about how Hanley and Gregory were handled by Lowe it's the coaches job to deal with the awkward players and get them to play for the club. It's often the best players who need the most man-management but regardless of that it's just not very good if it comes to this with any player.
Hanley only came back because he saw Wembley and a big pay day coming.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

No straw damn us wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: I'd refer back to his earlier comment. If a difference cannot be resolved and one of the best players in SL cannot be handled, the coach should take a serious look at himself!
Hanley only came back because he saw Wembley and a big pay day coming.
He still played for the team and wasn't sent out on loan because the coach didn't know how to deal with him.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Totally different scenario Dave. Ellery and Lowey and others were a stroll in the park compared to what has been happening and still is happening. I cannot say any more BUT Wane needs to go. He is not fit to coach Wigan RLFC.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Totally different scenario Dave. Ellery and Lowey and others were a stroll in the park compared to what has been happening and still is happening. I cannot say any more BUT Wane needs to go. He is not fit to coach Wigan RLFC.
Well I was looking at it form the point of view of Wane's man management ability v that of Lowe's when the latter had more than just Handley to deal with. Loads of big egos in that team. If you are suggesting it isn't just an issue of Wane's (apparent) lack of man management skills and he needs to go for other reasons, fair enough.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

I dont want to get too involved in this Wane Vs Hock debate although it does sound like Wane must take quite a bit of responsibility for the rumors but if we were to get a new coach how about we go back to Stephen Kearney, IL wanted him before Madge but Kearney said no thanks and reccomended Madge. with NZ in the World Cup this year he could leave his national post after the tournment and come to Wigan, he's assitant coach of Brisbane this year and after his time at Paramatta didnt work out he may look at the Madge route back into head coaching in the NRL. But like i said we dont know all the details of what is happening at Wigan but it does sound like Wane wont get a new contract
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

What does Edwards know about modern Rugby League? He has been invoved in the Union set up too long. Being a successful player does not automatically mean you will be a great coach.
If I was bringing back an ex player that has moved to international Urugby Union coaching, Farrell would be way ahead of Edwards in my book.
If the only gaffes Shaun Wane makes are talking to the press too much, he'll do for me.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
What does Edwards know about modern Rugby League? He has been invoved in the Union set up too long. Being a successful player does not automatically mean you will be a great coach.
If I was bringing back an ex player that has moved to international Urugby Union coaching, Farrell would be way ahead of Edwards in my book.
If the only gaffes Shaun Wane makes are talking to the press too much, he'll do for me.
If only it was so re Wane.

Edsards is the more likely to be available and more importantly all he concerns himself with is rugby!