Hocky

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
butt monkey

Re: Hocky

Post by butt monkey »

If anyone seriously thinks Hock it totally blameless of everything that has happened to him now (and in the past) and is some sort of scapegoat, then they need their bumps feeling.

Hock knew what he was doing, knew the likely outcome of what he did and then still said "f*** it"

Trouble at Wigan, trouble at Widnes, trouble in the England camp. How long before we hear of trouble at Salford???

BTW who complained about my post being "libellous"????

Just because you do not know any details yourself does not mean they are not true. Look, ask and find out before making ridiculous decisions that make this site a laughing stock. How much crap was written about Wane and Lenighan before the Grand Final yet NONE of that was ever deemed potentially libellous?? Why not I demand to know??
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

butt monkey wrote:If anyone seriously thinks Hock it totally blameless of everything that has happened to him now (and in the past) and is some sort of scapegoat, then they need their bumps feeling.

Hock knew what he was doing, knew the likely outcome of what he did and then still said "f*** it"

Trouble at Wigan, trouble at Widnes, trouble in the England camp. How long before we hear of trouble at Salford???

Just because you do not know any details yourself does not mean they are not true. Look, ask and find out before making ridiculous decisions that make this site a laughing stock. How much crap was written about Wane and Lenighan before the Grand Final yet NONE of that was ever deemed potentially libellous?? Why not I demand to know??
What did you say what was deemed libellous?
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Let's knock all this 'Hock and the employment tribunal' business on the head right here.
To qualify to bring a claim to an employment tribunal, you must have been in continuous employment with your employer for a period of two years. If he was engaged by England, this took place only weeks ago. You can be sacked for anything at all within the qualifying period. If what you do to get sacked is considered gross misconduct, you can be summarily dismissed without notice.

He has no case, he doesn't qualify, they sacked him, that is all there is to it.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butt monkey wrote:If anyone seriously thinks Hock it totally blameless of everything that has happened to him now (and in the past) and is some sort of scapegoat, then they need their bumps feeling.

Come on BM, I've apologised about deleting your post without first querying it with you via PM, same as I notified you that I had deleted it via PM because I'd had a complaint.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

i'm spartacus wrote:
Let's knock all this 'Hock and the employment tribunal' business on the head right here.
To qualify to bring a claim to an employment tribunal, you must have been in continuous employment with your employer for a period of two years. If he was engaged by England, this took place only weeks ago. You can be sacked for anything at all within the qualifying period. If what you do to get sacked is considered gross misconduct, you can be summarily dismissed without notice.

He has no case, he doesn't qualify, they sacked him, that is all there is to it.
The training camps, squad building sessions have been going for that length of time and more. Despite a continual weakening of employment law, you still have rights, rights that far too many British people want to wish away in a betrayal of what our past generations 'fought' so unceasingly to create for our generations to the point we are now somewhat 'spineless' and worse turn on each other.

Gareth Hock made a mistake (nothing new there some would say) but likewise so did others. We are all talking about something that should never have even existed and is a damning indictment of the managerial of the RFL from the very top down to the coaching staff.

We talk about employment right etc etc but in reality sport is a far different beast. Once you have reached the required standard to compete it is the special bond between whatever group of players exist that separates victors from the defeated. You can measure blah blah blah on GPS but that raw unity / bond is what distinguishes winning teams from losing teams. Whatever we think of Hock, does anybody seriously believe England have that quality with / without him as we enter this world cup.

I cannot recall a more 'cack handed' managerial approach on the eve of a huge sporting event. If it is indicative of their handling of squad throughout then Italy may occur again and again.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

How on earth some supporters can still defend him when yet again he has not only let others down, but like before, himself.

As it is obvious that he was instigator who led one or two others into a drinking binge, the RFL had no choice to remove him from the squad as it is obvious he was not only a bad influence on the team, but possibly his behavior may have had a bearing on the result in the game against Italy.

Begs the question, 'Should he have been selected in the first place?'

Glad to see that on some media reports, it was stated that he was a player of Salford Red Devils and not Wigan Warriors.

Like I have said before, a great player but a fool to himself.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
As it is obvious that he was instigator who led one or two others into a drinking binge, the RFL had no choice to remove him from the squad.
'Obvious' to whom? Were you there? Do you know something we don't?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
As it is obvious that he was instigator who led one or two others into a drinking binge, the RFL had no choice to remove him from the squad.
'Obvious' to whom? Were you there? Do you know something we don't?
Come on, you don't need the brains of a rocking horse to see what has gone on, especially if Hock is involved!

A rocking horse with blinkers on for some!
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Lets be honest! The reason they are probably going out, getting pissed,.missing training us because the World cup and international set up is a joke, and always will be, half empty stadiums, aussies and kiwis destroying us,. who cares? bring on the Super League 2014
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fact of the matter is had Hock not broke the ban, or had he turned up for training he wouldnt of been kicked out the squad.

the punishments are a seperate issue but this is the ultimate fact that no-one can deny;

the only person to blame for Gareth Hock's removal from the squad is Gareth Hock. end of.

he broke the rules

whether or not his punishment is too severe etc is another question but he had the choice and he made that choice - him - not the other players, not mcbanana - him, he broke the rules and he didnt turn up for training.

This reminds me of those people who B^tch and moan about getting done for doing 34-35 in a 30 zone, doesnt matter how much you disagree with it there is a simple way to avoid it - do 30.

People are responsible for their own actions.

Like i said its no wonder the countries going to the dogs its always someone else's fault!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure