Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wgwr1999

Re: Bevan French - STAYING

Post by wgwr1999 »

Wintergreen wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:58 am French will not get the space he does in the NRL and would be a much less effective player over there (as he was in his first stint).

Horses for courses. He is suited to SL far more. Deep down he will know that.
Prior to Magic Weekend, Bevan had scored 35 tries in 47 games for Wigan. He had the EXACT same at Parramatta.

He's going to be one of the very best try scorers regardless of where he plays but would he rather be that on a side challenging for 3 trophies every year in Wigan or very likely fighting to avoid the wooden spoon back "home" in Redcliffe?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:51 am
Wintergreen wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:58 am French will not get the space he does in the NRL and would be a much less effective player over there (as he was in his first stint).

Prior to Magic Weekend, Bevan had scored 35 tries in 47 games for Wigan. He had the EXACT same at Parramatta.

He's going to be one of the very best try scorers regardless of where he plays but would he rather be that on a side challenging for 3 trophies every year in Wigan or very likely fighting to avoid the wooden spoon back "home" in Redcliffe?
Very true
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

For some though family is always more important and can't be underestimated not saying what you say is wrong but we all have differing outlooks and wants out of life.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:52 pm

For some though family is always more important and can't be underestimated not saying what you say is wrong but we all have differing outlooks and wants out of life.
That's why I put back "home." That's the main/only benefit of going to the NRL for him.

He's already proven. He's entering his prime. He'll win more over here.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:06 pm

That's why I put back "home." That's the main/only benefit of going to the NRL for him.

But he won't get to play Origin while playing for Wigan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:46 pm

But he won't get to play Origin while playing for Wigan
He could replace Brian To'o, to be fair, but the closest he got to that was the All-Stars game as a replacement. https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/02/bev ... all-stars/
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

But to some winning a pot or a ring isn't worth as much as family doesn't matter how much he could win here is the draw is to go home,as I say there's nothing wrong with that either.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:46 pm

But to some winning a pot or a ring isn't worth as much as family doesn't matter how much he could win here is the draw is to go home,as I say there's nothing wrong with that either.
Nothing wrong at all. Like I said, I think Wigan fans expect him to be loyal to us in the sense of not joining another SL club. Having NRL aspirations is expected for any player until we catch up in terms of total revenue allowing higher salary caps & wages.

But I would say, unless I'm mistaken, that he had some poignant words after the GF loss & had a very emotional reaction to winning after the CC Final. I think he is a winner with the correct mentality hence why we have never really heard him complain about not being FB once this season.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

From bevans interview I feel that he wants to return to Australia but I think he’s be happy to stay at Wigan.
Let’s just hope it’s the latter!!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Following on from last nights game. I've asked the question again. Is he going to sign?

He was close to signing then his recent form has shown down under his quality.
His agent has had further interest from down under, so more talks taking place but for how long no one knows. Wigan have not moved on their offer so that has put the deal slightly back. French had said he wants it sorting now as he is getting tired of it.
I asked the question will it be done in the next couple of weeks?
The answer was who knows now?