Answers To Fans Forum Questions ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
weststand-rich

Re: Answers To Fans Forum Questions ?

Post by weststand-rich »

botica wrote:If i was Stuart, Richie or Amos amongst others i would be in bits everytime i looked at what the fans thought... Which is why no-one of any stature at Warriors reads them anyway. if they do i just hope they don't take them seriously.
Why would a player bother to read what the fan site says about them Botica, unless they wanted their ego stroking? If a player is out of form they know it themsleves and don't need a fan site critique to confirm it.

I suspect the players know they're out of form or unpopular for whatever reason when they're out and about day-to-day. When the accolades and pats on the back in the pub ae replaced by voids of silence, that's the time to worry.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Red Hot Mama wrote:
cpwigan wrote:You want the best bit YOU are to blame for Richie Mathers, YOU are to blame for Karl Pryce.
cpwigan wrote:Mr Lenagan's response pampered to the demented seals who stupidly clapped his inability to answer a question.
cpwigan wrote: Whatsmore YOU (The fans) ARE A DISGRACE
ddtftf wrote:THIS IS A FANS FORUM, BUT LENAGAN TOLD ONE FAN TO SHUT YOUR MOUTH.
Right Im ready now. I think you need to change the Seal clapping stupidly - Im getting bored with this now. Im sure a man of your intelligence could come up with a variation!

Im 99% certain that he did not call the fans a disgrace but the situation of calling the players. This was not just on forums but at games as well - such as cheering when Ritchie Mathers caught a ball then booing when his name was announced in the prematch introduction. As someone has previously said it is about tone of voice and intrpretation as to how you can portray what some one has said. He did not say YOU are to blame etc

DDTTFFN he did not tell anyone to Shut their mouth. I was sat at the front and definitely did not hear him say that. Where were you sat to hear him say it?

CP that is what I am referring to. These are just a few quotes I chose. People who do not like IL, BN, SF or anyone else chose to post their interpretations in a way that reinforces their opinions.

And yes CP I did ask a question.

For those people who think Ian Lenegan is the very son of the devil for daring to buy a club that he has loved as long as he can remember just think back to the Dave Whelen days when we had Ian Millward and tell me we were better off then. In my opinion I welcome Ian Lenegan and his team. He may not get it right everytime but he is only human. Rome wasn't built in a day and I think it will take quite some time to get us back to the club we used to be BUT we will get there

here here time we had a decent positive post :eusa2:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:IL also states originally CPhelps, PBailey and AColey were all going to be released to secure a prop. Now people make up your own minds, at some stage in the season these 3 players were being released. Why did a change of direction take place? One possible reason? The top prop would not come/could not be secured. Another possible reason? Differwence of opinion between coach / owner ? Somebody tell me what they think?

or the players mentioned proved they were worth another contract
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:The irony is that IL simply confirmed everything I have been saying but because a fan tells you so it is evil. I have no axe to grind, only 1 desire.

The independence of internet sites is a vital medium for fans to communicate with their club. Such sites are only bound by the law of liable. Many other persons are silenced by their involvement in various other organisations with vested interests. Is the Riversiders independent? If it is in name then that is all. Riversider fans will not speak out for perceived fear of damaging their organisation. Mike Binder does not speak as he wants. He wears his Riversider Committee Hat on when he speaks. RHM you wear your Chorley Panthers hat when you speak. I have lied on behalf of several local authorities due to vested self interest.

Without independent sites like this and Bilkos all you would ever read is the anodyne 18th man Riversiders page in the WEP. You may as well be in North Korea.
i willspeak my mind on matters i think u should be invoved in the rest i will keep to myself ,not because im a riversider committe mrmber because i dont think it as cocerns for some on here

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Red Hot Mama wrote:
ddtftf wrote:To put the fact that I do not like Ian Lenagan to bed, may I say that I respect what he has acheived from a poor background to his position as WRL chaiman. I do feel that when he is asked a question he finds difficult to answer, he becomes aggresive and talks to people as if he is their boss. Come on Ian answer the questions in full and lets have a proper forum next time. You said in the last forum judge me in 2010, well here are the facts.

£150.000 in debit
No new players for 2010
No club coach at this point for next year

I REST MY CASE
For goodness sake do you not listen to anything - no wonder the man cut you off

1. The loss made by Wigan Warriors has been REDUCED from 333,000 in 2007 - when he wasn't even there
320,000 in 2008 - mhe took over in December 2007.
150,000 PROJECTED loss in 2009 which if we get to Wembly can be turned around.

2. No new players as yet for 2010. The man explained the wigan will be following the policy of using home grown lads. Why go out and buy players that are either injury prone, aging, too expensive just to appease people like you.

3. We have a coach it is Brian Noble. Reading into to what Mr Lenegan said Wigan want trophies. If we were to win the Challenge Cup Noble will be given the 1 year extension that he wants. He does not want to be there further than that.

MR LENEGAN I AM SURE THE MAJORITY OF FANS IN THAT ROOM CAME AWAY WITH AN INSIGHT OF WHERE WARRIORS ARE NOW AND WHERE YOU WANT THEM TO BE.I WAS THE LADY WHO ASKED ABOUT THE SCOUTING AND I WAS MORE THAN HAPPY WITH YOUR REPLY. READING WHAT HAS BEEN PUT ON HERE BY SOME PEOPLE I TRULY BELIEVE THAT MY FRIEND AND I WERE AT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MEETING.

To the first man who asked the question. If you run your business the way you conducted yourself last night I am surprised you have been so sucessful. You were rude and would not listen to what had been already explained to you. There were many people there who wanted to ask sensible questions - not listen to a one sided debate from you because you had your opinion and would not listen to anything to change it.

I am sure ddtftf you will argue again in RESTING YOUR CASE but I have answered your queries because I actually listened to what was said last night.
u at a diffrent meeting now thats a suprise most on here g o to a diifrnrt match than i do red hot mama i do beleievr ur acccount is more to the taking of the forum ,from people i have spoke to ,god i wish i had 16 weeks off

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:Rich where did I say this site? What I said was he said fans in internet chet sites as he call them but mainly at the games were a disgrace I.E He said their behaviour was disgraceful. He also said that the fans were fools. I fully stand by that. Nothing naught or inflasmatory. Just the truth.
FOR THE LAST TIME HE DIDNT CALL THE FANS A DISGRACE HE SAID THE TREATMENT OF SOME OF THE PLAYERS WAS DISGRACEFUL ,WHICH I HAVE TO AGRRE TO .bUT THIS DOSNT MEAN I AM CALLING THE FANS A DISGRACE

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mike Binder you are splitting hairs my friend. If somebody does something that is disgaceful then they are a disgrace are they not? The two are one and the same. However, I take it you are perfectly fine having Wigan fans adressed as fools. As a member of the Riversider Committee I can tell you a large % of theose fools are riversider members. The people who attend fans forums are not the fans that should ever be adressed as fools. They are by and large. The meekest and mildest group of Wigan fans possible. However, no Wigan fans should ever be labelled as a disgrace or fools by the owner of the club. Nor should any fans by any club owner.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mike B, a very simple question have you on more than one occasion said to me I cannot say what I really think because of my position on the Riversiders Committee? We cannot be seen to be upsetting the club?

I spoke to Mick Hogan today, who runs our club on a day to day basis at no point did Mick even suggest he was unhappy with any posters or anything that had been posted on this website. So who is The Club and who are they afraid of?

Do you honestly want this site and rlfans to become mirror images of the 18th Man concotted letters page by the Riversiders / WEP?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Read through from page 1 to page 9.
20 minutes of my life that i'll never get back :roll:

To summarise the comments and what was apparently said.

Doesn't matter how badly the players are performing (be it a one off, or over a matter of weeks / months), we mustn't have a pop at them or they'll have to leave the club.

Sarcastic moi?

In truth, with a fans forum, you are on a hiding to nothing. Some will go to pick holes in everything that is said. Some will go with "cherry and white tinted glasses" and only hear good things. Some will sit their and listen objectively to what is asked / said and form an opinion based on facts and statements.

Although I didn't attend, I put myself in the last group. Yes I can get carried away in the moment and yes I love this club and its fans (well most of them and not in a pervy way, well, not always).

Personally, I'd have IL and BN any day over DW and IM.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Mike Binder

Exactly how many people are posting on here in your name? Reason I ask, most posts are well presented, well argued, grammatically correct and with very few spelling mistakes.

Others occasionally appear as though you have been blindfolded whilst typing!

It has occurred to me more than once that not all posts are from the same individual!