Hocky

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
RobWigan

Re: Hocky

Post by RobWigan »

We will be embarrassed Saturday, and i bet a legend like Hock is happy he is away from the circus
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be honest Hockgate runs the risk of being as annoying and tedious BUT far less money wasting (£1/4 million) as plebgate.

However, just to correct some half truths;

6 players incl Hock drank some alcohol contravening a team order. They then had something to eat. So we know they were not drunk / rat arsed etc etc.

Hock is a notorious bad time keeper so much so Wigan once appointed Micky Higham to chaperone him to training on time.

Hock was LATE for training (anybody here been sacked for being late once?) and missed the first 20 minutes before taking part in the video session. McNamara / England management never spoke / challenged him face to face there and then.

Hock was later sacked by telephone.

We currently have no confirmation who the other players were albeit some names are being frequently mentioned and we have no mention of what punishments they incurred.

Why in God's name they decided to do so is anybody's guess but IMO it was CRAZY, the RFL then went public fueling all manner of rumours as to what happened. Hock then replied to dispel some of the Chinese whispers that were circulating.

We now have a major opportunity to sell RL to Britain derailed by a crazy decision to publicise negative news which thus far centres on 6/7 players breaking an alcohol curfew and 1 being 20 minutes late for training.

Mountain molehill self harm
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Just to add, WW assumption that Hock was the ring leader / mastermind is too funny to give it the merit for comic genius it deserves.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:Just to add, WW assumption that Hock was the ring leader / mastermind is too funny to give it the merit for comic genius it deserves.
Hock the mastermind now thats funny.

More like the sheep that followed.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thegimble wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Just to add, WW assumption that Hock was the ring leader / mastermind is too funny to give it the merit for comic genius it deserves.
Hock the mastermind now thats funny.

More like the sheep that followed.
Quite right. Hock has been accused of being many things but Mastermind isn't and will never be one of them!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Thing is cp i take your points on board and from the impression i got from gaz's interview and the other sources was that he missed training, not that he was not late. However that point to me remains irrelevant in terms of this, in that if hock hadnt done those things he would still be in the squad and therefore is still to blame.

I know you have referenced his poor time keeping - but you say that as if its a medical condition that cannot be helped. Im sorry but a 30 year old man should be able to keep time especially when their 1 job for the day is get up and have a swim its hardly getting up at 4am to go down the mines is it!

You and other CP seem to be defending Hock, but i would like to ask all the Pro hock people on this thread a question and this is a genuine question.

Why would Mcbanana have anything against hock?

Everyone seems to be making out he is a scapegoat, but for what? nothing has happened yet? and he is one of the best players on his day so like you say CP its ridiculous to do this so close to the tournament without merit, i cant see what SM has to gain from such an endeavor.

We are led to believe by yourself CP that in the Wigan saga Hock was more a victim than the perpetrator so if SW was the coach of England i couldn't understand such an incident but i cant see why SM would suddenly have a problem with hock to want him out so badly he has no axe to grind with hock?

The common denominator in all these things is Hock and maybe there are other events that have happened prompting SM to take an oppotunity to get him out but i refuse to believe that the entire league has an axe to grind with poor Mr Hock

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Not a fan of McNamara, and don't think he's the right man to coach England, however there's too many people trying to deflect the blame from the players to him.

It's the week of a huge World Cup match, and 6 or 7 of the players are out on the lash after losing to the second lowest ranked team in the competition. One of these players thinks he "did alright" so it's out of order to drop him from the squad just for missing part of the preparation for the next game.

Some of the players need to take a huge look at the way they are doing their job before they complain about the way they are being managed. Their mental approach before and after games contributes to our failure at international level.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Shaun1967 wrote:Not a fan of McNamara, and don't think he's the right man to coach England, however there's too many people trying to deflect the blame from the players to him.

It's the week of a huge World Cup match, and 6 or 7 of the players are out on the lash after losing to the second lowest ranked team in the competition. One of these players thinks he "did alright" so it's out of order to drop him from the squad just for missing part of the preparation for the next game.

Some of the players need to take a huge look at the way they are doing their job before they complain about the way they are being managed. Their mental approach before and after games contributes to our failure at international level.
People are not deflecting this onto McNamara.

Problem is that if Hock goes the other 6-7 had to go. They all broke the rules. All they had to do was drop Hock for the next game.

Now to be fair McNamara has to drop the others to punish them. Or otherwise Hock is a scapegoat. People are not saying what he did was ok. But his punishment is severe if the others play on Saturday.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

thegimble wrote: People are not deflecting this onto McNamara.

Problem is that if Hock goes the other 6-7 had to go. They all broke the rules. All they had to do was drop Hock for the next game.

Now to be fair McNamara has to drop the others to punish them. Or otherwise Hock is a scapegoat. People are not saying what he did was ok. But his punishment is severe if the others play on Saturday.
Problem is Hock is saying he was guilty of something the other players weren't guilty of.
I'm not saying the punishments were right or wrong, I'm questioning the professionalism of a chunk of the squad including at least one Wigan player.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Shaun1967 wrote:
thegimble wrote: People are not deflecting this onto McNamara.

Problem is Hock is saying he was guilty of something the other players weren't guilty of.
I'm not saying the punishments were right or wrong, I'm questioning the professionalism of a chunk of the squad including at least one Wigan player.
That is the issue it was more than just 1 person drinking and no matter which clubs were involved they were all told not to.