Matty Smith and Saints

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
OAMJSONA

Re: Matty Smith and Saints

Post by OAMJSONA »

Smiths house up for sale , wanted a new 5 year deal we offered him 2 , stains i believe have said yes to a 4 year deal so bye bye
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

moto748

Post by moto748 »

Josie's friend wrote: Four GF's in a row with Matty at 7, clearly he must be doing something right
Spot the logical fallacy! :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:What I meant with "same with Smith" was that as Leigh announced Stewart was joining them not Catalans saying he was leaving.
In the same why Saints will announce Smith is joining them, Wigan will only tell us he's leaving after the Saints press release.
Are saints deffo signing Smith, as KFC is outright denying it.
Heard a rumour that campese is now heading to sintelins.
As good a player as Campese was it's time to hang the boots up,far too injury prone
doc

Post by doc »

I'm guessing all involved are keeping quiet till the end of the season to avoid any abuse towards Matty, especially as we could have faced Saints in the GF up until last Thursday.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

doc wrote:I'm guessing all involved are keeping quiet till the end of the season to avoid any abuse towards Matty, especially as we could have faced Saints in the GF up until last Thursday.
If that was the case don't you think Saint's would try and disrupt our preparations for the GF by announcing the signature? Long wouldn't stay quiet
juanpablo

Post by juanpablo »

Smith has signed a 3 year not a 4 year deal with Saints which will be announced after the GF!!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Josie's friend wrote:
doc wrote:I'm guessing all involved are keeping quiet till the end of the season to avoid any abuse towards Matty, especially as we could have faced Saints in the GF up until last Thursday.
If that was the case don't you think Saint's would try and disrupt our preparations for the GF by announcing the signature? Long wouldn't stay quiet

Er, no. :conf:
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

moto748 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:

Er, no. :conf:
Your reply is based on what exactly? Long chats s*** constantly but seems strangely quiet over this, he may move he may not but at the moment is generally pointing to staying. Even Matty himself has said he has 2 years left and he's a Wigan player until he's told he's not.
Now if you are saying you have insider information of this move please state it
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Wigan where asked to keep the deal quiet until the season had finished but it got out . He is definatley going
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

juanpablo

Post by juanpablo »

Wigan where happy to announce the deal it was Saints who wanted it left until after the GF!!