A W O L

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
pedro

Re: A W O L

Post by pedro »

butt monkey wrote:
thegimble wrote:TO Butt Monkey

But those player leaving us were with our permission. the other 3 are not. There is a difference if a club agrees to it and not agreeing to it.
How do YOU know Wigan agreed to the three leaving? Just because they left did NOT mean Wigan wanted them out does it?
thegimble wrote:
Did we give permission for those players you name to leave. Or did they break their contract with Wigan.

As for Cas its up to them if they think they are in the right then they are doing the right thing. 1 point you mentioned he retired from league that is now very debatable even the Sales Shark manager said he was sacked.
Ok. Let's do this dummy fashion as you are obviously being obtuse

Charnley has 2 years left into years 2017 and 2018. Sale want to sign him. What do Wigan do?

I will explain. Wigan know and do not attempt to prevent the player leaving (as with Sam even appear to condone it). They talk and negotiate a deal that sees the player move and on terms that "if" things might go wrong the player concerned "might" feel obliged to return

Right? Wrong? Which is it Gimble?

History has shown Wigan WILL talk and do deals has it not Gimble?
thegimble wrote: Wigan could have kept all the players and "made" them fulfill all their deals. Joel, Sam etc would never have gone or do you know otherwise

No I do not know but neither do you.
I accept that neither of us know for sure BUT the caveat is that if you take things simply, rather than attempt to be "smart" and simply being polar opposite just because you want to, even you might realise that I am correct and Wigan do not keep hold of unsettled players no matter what or who unsettled them

What has transpired at Castleford has furthered the boundaries between League and Union players moving between the codes as now being akin to two different sports rather than one being a professional version of the other
people who left were out of contact or left for a fee so went with consent, wigan doesnt have to like it but if if they didnt want to sell a player they didnt have to. I think what they have done is let people leave and given them what they want thus they return, Matty Johns and Trent both praised Wigan and everything about them in the way they handled them.
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

It is not in the interest of any club to retain an unhappy player after they have exhausted any prospect of the playing wanting to stay (presuming the club wants to retain him). Securing financial compensation then obviously comes into it.

I am not sure why fans are so up in arms. Players come and go. Always have, always will.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

thegimble wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Most people on here are missing the point.

We are talking about two different sports here.

It's a bit like a plumber resigning from his company and becoming an electrician.

At the risk of repeating myself where do the people who think that a transfer fee is required in law draw the line?

Suppose Solomona had decided to take up darts. Would a fee be payable here?
What if the plumber had a contract to do a job in a big house and stops halfway through. Is he not liable to finish the contract or to come to terms with the contract provider.

Taking up another sport interesting one that but he would still have to finish his contract or face the threat of action.

All depends Terms and conditions of his contract
The problem with "asking" players to finish their contracts when the player want's out is that the club has absolutely no leverage at all, and thus the contracts are not worth the paper they are written on.

e.g. let's assume the contract from Cas IS legally binding (I'm not sure it is but for the sake of argument).

What do they do? "Force" him to play? I am sure a few "oops silly me I dropped that ball (AGAIN)" or "Oops I missed that tackle (AGAIN)" will soon change their minds!

Within the same sport you might have some voluntary arrangement/agreements between clubs.

Outside that sport you have nothing.

That is the current Solomona situation.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wintergreen wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Most people on here are missing the point.

We are talking about two different sports here.

It's a bit like a plumber resigning from his company and becoming an electrician.

At the risk of repeating myself where do the people who think that a transfer fee is required in law draw the line?

Suppose Solomona had decided to take up darts. Would a fee be payable here?
What if the plumber had a contract to do a job in a big house and stops halfway through. Is he not liable to finish the contract or to come to terms with the contract provider.

Taking up another sport interesting one that but he would still have to finish his contract or face the threat of action.

The problem with "asking" players to finish their contracts when the player want's out is that the club has absolutely no leverage at all, and thus the contracts are not worth the paper they are written on.

e.g. let's assume the contract from Cas IS legally binding (I'm not sure it is but for the sake of argument).

What do they do? "Force" him to play? I am sure a few "oops silly me I dropped that ball (AGAIN)" or "Oops I missed that tackle (AGAIN)" will soon change their minds!

Within the same sport you might have some voluntary arrangement/agreements between clubs.

Youre correct in the sense obviously they couldnt "force" him to play but they would be well within their rights to carry on paying him and let him rot in the reserves.

Contracts are to protect the club and provide the security for the player its a 2 way agreement and DS would of been the first to kick off if Cas had retired from paying him.

you cant have it both ways and this could start a revolution in the way contracts are done. Why should clubs promise big wages to players or safety of 3 year contracts when players under the guidance of the scum called agents flout the rules when they feel like it.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

FWarrior wrote:It is not in the interest of any club to retain an unhappy player after they have exhausted any prospect of the playing wanting to stay (presuming the club wants to retain him). Securing financial compensation then obviously comes into it.

I am not sure why fans are so up in arms. Players come and go. Always have, always will.
I agree it happens to all but the elite 1% clubs in all sports. IL has done the right thing in letting players go.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:
thegimble wrote: What if the plumber had a contract to do a job in a big house and stops halfway through. Is he not liable to finish the contract or to come to terms with the contract provider.

Youre correct in the sense obviously they couldnt "force" him to play but they would be well within their rights to carry on paying him and let him rot in the reserves.

Contracts are to protect the club and provide the security for the player its a 2 way agreement and DS would of been the first to kick off if Cas had retired from paying him.

you cant have it both ways and this could start a revolution in the way contracts are done. Why should clubs promise big wages to players or safety of 3 year contracts when players under the guidance of the scum called agents flout the rules when they feel like it.
I agree imagine if he got injured and Cas refused to pay him he would be up in arms.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Rot in the reserves? LOL

Like Cas could afford this financially or otherwise!!!

1. Paying a player to do nothing.
2. That player's wages counting against the salary cap, preventing a replacement to be brought in.

I say again, the contract gives a club ZERO leverage in a "Solomona" situation and I have yet to see an argument to counter this.

Happy to be proven wrong.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wintergreen wrote:Rot in the reserves? LOL

2. That player's wages counting against the salary cap, preventing a replacement to be brought in.

I say again, the contract gives a club ZERO leverage in a "Solomona" situation and I have yet to see an argument to counter this.

Only 2 options available to them

1. Sort out a deal with Sale
2. Refuse to pay him force him to turn up.

Only options Cas had. So Solomona engineered a move from them himself. Which will end up in court. Think Cas is having help with the legal team if you consider who they are reported in using.

Irony in all of this is the impact it could have on all sports.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

thegimble wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Rot in the reserves? LOL

Only 2 options available to them

1. Sort out a deal with Sale
2. Refuse to pay him force him to turn up.

Only options Cas had. So Solomona engineered a move from them himself. Which will end up in court. Think Cas is having help with the legal team if you consider who they are reported in using.

Irony in all of this is the impact it could have on all sports.
1. And if Sale say "on your bike". That's the end of that one.
2. I don't understand what you mean on this one. How can Cas "force" him to "turn up"?

If he doesn't want to play, how can they "force" him?

And even by some bizzare mechanism they did, he could feign injury 2 mins into the match and they are left a man short for the duration.

So both options are non options.

FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

If a player wants to leave he can drop passes, miss tackles, screw the team.