If We Lose Tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robbobillinge

Re: If We Lose Tonight

Post by robbobillinge »

Farrell up before the beak-1/2 matches. In my view appalling lack of professionalism, especially as he was Captain & celebrating his 200th game.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

And there we have set out for us the problem with today's officiating and administration. It is obvious to all that Bentham, who once was a decent referee, has now become a liability. Players of both sides become frustrated not just by his decisions but more by his lack of decisions and his dreadful attitude to players on the field. Farrell had patently had enough at two forward passes not being given for Hull's score and said whatever he said. The RFL instantly, instead of realising that there is a problem with the referee doubly penalise the player.
You could also say that Isa being reprimanded for a trip and the Hull player who came in punching not even being cited brings the game into disrepute.
Much more of this will kill the game as we know it because long-time supporters are getting fed up and it will deter newcomers who will wonder why they should pay to see matches that are incompetently refereed.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Sorry to beat the West of England RL drum again but Swindon St George RLFC would love to have MM on their books! With nigh on 60 registered players and looking to go semi-pro there is ambition there.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

widdenoldboy wrote:Sorry to beat the West of England RL drum again but Swindon St George RLFC would love to have MM on their books! With nigh on 60 registered players and looking to go semi-pro there is ambition there.
I stand corrected, I am sure Exiled will be delighted when he makes his debut!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If his experience of Swindon is anything like mine he will already be angry after navigating the most complex roundabout system in the western world on his way to the ground.

If he can manage to play 80 minutes and get close enough to tackle players then I will be a very happy man, and drop all of my complaints!
endoman

Post by endoman »

SJ wrote:
endoman wrote:Is this the Dorahy Regal Trophy equivalent? They can't be this bad can they??

No difference to any of the other recent games, " If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got"
Love a philosopher :cool: Think another week in Italy would have been advisable :conf:
It may have been Henry Ford or Mark Twain, I heard it from a Belgian in The Netherlands, and it still applies!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

widdenoldboy wrote:Sorry to beat the West of England RL drum again but Swindon St George RLFC would love to have MM on their books! With nigh on 60 registered players and looking to go semi-pro there is ambition there.
I am not having that. He'd take my sons place - he plays hooker for them.

Got concussed a couple of weeks ago for his trouble, poor lad!