Chants

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganrldeanh

Re: Chants

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Champions posted:
mrs_carney posted:
would you not just stop this conversation? its toally drifted off into a realm of nothing rugby like
It is rugby like......It's a song that should be played at the match.....especially against Stains. The topic is CHANTS and that is a chant. Which bits not right?
you two :lol:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

wiganrldeanh posted:
Champions posted:
mrs_carney posted:
would you not just stop this conversation? its toally drifted off into a realm of nothing rugby like
It is rugby like......It's a song that should be played at the match.....especially against Stains. The topic is CHANTS and that is a chant. Which bits not right?
you two :lol:
:eusa2:
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

pie eaters posted:
green day and nirvana stuf like that is terrible music rock pop music etc is terrible the best is dance music and cricketers MCing , monroes, chambers, wigan pier, etc
that was a bit random :lol:
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

pie eaters posted:
lol well further baqck people are on about nirvana and that so i just thought i dput it was all terrible so i thought i would put my opinion about what was good
lol fair enough. i dont think that you have a wide variety in music do you.

if you can try to download the song its not rocky at all, its more of a chant and would be brill if we all started singing it (as weve said before).
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Champions posted:
MrsLam posted:
wiganrldeanh posted: offspring? is that like mosher type heavy rock music?
NO!
It's pop punk apparently
Well, I like them....I wouldn't say they were pop but I agree with punk.....I'd say punk rock.....But will you just listen to the song?!
No offence, but most of you lot weren't even born in the days of punk! None of these groups (or at least the ones I've heard of) are anything like punk, either in terms of the music or the lyrics they sign. "Pop punk" doesn't sound very anarchic to me, although ironically a lot of the original punk music made more of an impression on the "pop" charts than any of this other stuff. I can't be doing with all recycling types of music which sounds nothing like the original - please don't get me started on how un-gothlike modern so-called goth music is...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
i hate that kind of music fraggle u should get urself into the crick now thats music
Never heard of it. Is it some kind of traditional Irish music?

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
lol no its in poolstock the cricketers nightclub its dance music with some sick MC'ing over it blood brilliant tunez
I'm too old for that, I still remember proper music when they used musicians instead of computer programmers, when "dance music" was any pop music that people could dance to, and when being able to play records (which almost anyone can do if they know how to operate a record player / CD player) in a nightclub didn't automatically make you some kind of star. And when people weren't so limited in what they're prepared to listen to ("I only listen to such-and-such a type of music, everything else is rubbish").

[hr]
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Fraggle posted:
pie eaters posted:
lol no its in poolstock the cricketers nightclub its dance music with some sick MC'ing over it blood brilliant tunez
I'm too old for that, I still remember proper music when they used musicians instead of computer programmers, when "dance music" was any pop music that people could dance to, and when being able to play records (which almost anyone can do if they know how to operate a record player / CD player) in a nightclub didn't automatically make you some kind of star. And when people weren't so limited in what they're prepared to listen to ("I only listen to such-and-such a type of music, everything else is rubbish").
So what type of music do you like Fraggle? Genesis maybe?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wiganrldeanh posted:
Fraggle posted:
pie eaters posted:
So what type of music do you like Fraggle? Genesis maybe?
Not Genesis, but if you imagine, say, HMV, and the variety of music they have (rock, pop, metal, punk, dance, r'n'n, classical, jazz, musicals, soundtracks, world music, folk etc etc) then that's more or less my musical taste. There's good music in nearly every style, as well as rubbish music, but I don't close my ears to anything. In my car at the moment I've got CD's by Paradise Lost, euro-trance singer Kate Ryan, some traditional Cuban music, Vangelis' "Conquest of Paradise", some Japanese pop music, some Dvorak symphony and the soundtrack from Lord of the Dance.

[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
Vangelis' "Conquest of Paradise",
At last, a Wigan RL connection! :wink: