Squad v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Squad v Hull KR

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:05 am
Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:54 pm
moto748 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:51 pm How late did Field come on? That seemed crazy.
Really late, not sure exact time but he looked lively considering his inactivity over the last 12 months. Give him a bit of time and patience and he could be a star along with French. Just hope that's at Wigan !!
Last 20 minutes! He played at FB & he is nowhere big enough or has the strength to play there! IMO
Have to agree Josie,his stature reminds me of Lewis Tierney and he had issues when he played at FB because he’s simply not big enough to handle the roll,are the fools doing the recruiting actually seeing players in the flesh or a YouTube highlight reel?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:31 am

Really late, not sure exact time but he looked lively considering his inactivity over the last 12 months. Give him a bit of time and patience and he could be a star along with French. Just hope that's at Wigan !!
Last 20 minutes! He played at FB & he is nowhere big enough or has the strength to play there! IMO
Have to agree Josie,his stature reminds me of Lewis Tierney and he had issues when he played at FB because he’s simply not big enough to handle the roll,are the fools doing the recruiting actually seeing players in the flesh or a YouTube highlight reel?
Probably!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Wigan are just not good enough in all departments from the top manager and playing staff we will be lucky to make the playoffs
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

So who would you replace KR with? Who in the same role has brought similar success to the club that KR has to Wigan (no defence of KR just a question)

It's funny that we are stuck with Lam currently because Edwards messed us about but the blame for that seem directed at IL despite Edwards form of also messing Wales about.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Suzieb wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:09 am This is suzies husband again oh dear a lot of negativity on here maybe I did have the foresight to keep bringing up my points as some of them are what I have been saying allseason please remember that everyone on a forum has the right to comment and should not be critiised for doing so.
So french being at home in aus (even though apparently he's not) cost us this match?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Replace KR with someone not previously connected to Wigan, no old boys. But who understands the game and knows a quality player when they see one and recruits players in right positions.

Eg don’t go for a fullback when we have other issues elsewhere. Buying second row forwards who both play on the left when we need one on the right as we did with Greenwood. Did we need to buy Field?

Someone who won’t keep players past their sell buy dates and write players up as world beaters when they are just championship players. I suppose everything that KR does. I believe KR to be a genuine sincere person as seen with the clubs gestures towards other players and Dom but based on recruitment policy KR needs to hand the job over to someone else.
pedro

Post by pedro »

moto748 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:51 pm How late did Field come on? That seemed crazy.
Similar to french
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Graham1 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:48 am Replace KR with someone not previously connected to Wigan, no old boys. But who understands the game and knows a quality player when they see one and recruits players in right positions.

Eg don’t go for a fullback when we have other issues elsewhere. Buying second row forwards who both play on the left when we need one on the right as we did with Greenwood. Did we need to buy Field?

Someone who won’t keep players past their sell buy dates and write players up as world beaters when they are just championship players. I suppose everything that KR does. I believe KR to be a genuine sincere person as seen with the clubs gestures towards other players and Dom but based on recruitment policy KR needs to hand the job over to someone else.
But KR brought Greenwood in and even then Greenwood didn't play both sides, Faz had to move to accommodate him.

Who would you bring in? I'd say KR is on par with his opposites, Warrington always seem to sign well but it never works out, we look like we don't sign as well but won trophies (until Lam)

Didn't we bring field in because we thought we would lose either Hastings or French this year?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

There didn't seem to be any point in posting last night with a mixture of anger and despair so waited a while. Not much difference though.
There's little point in complaining about individuals as what we may all be thinking is that nothing will change on the pitch until something changes off the pitch.
What we are under this regime is a bang-average middle of the table side who will probably beat the bottom six and likely lose to the top six. We do not score tries as a result of team play but because of moments of inspiration in passing; the occasional good kick through and bits of genius finishing like Bibby and Marshall last night. That will never be enough and potentially great forwards are finding themselves turning into journeymen. As an example, KPP used to spin in the tackle to offload and now he doesn't. I don't know whether it's because of instructions or he's just given up because no one supports him on his runs.
Shorrocks had a mixed night (his passing was eccentric) but when he was receiver it speeded up the cross-field passing and gave us some impetus before it all petered out as usual.
Zak looked full of running and always threatened a break but there was never any support. I don't whether the players were tired or had more or less given up by that time - I suspect supporters felt the same.
And finally - HKR did all that to us without ever really involving Ryan Hall.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:11 am So who would you replace KR with? Who in the same role has brought similar success to the club that KR has to Wigan (no defence of KR just a question)

It's funny that we are stuck with Lam currently because Edwards messed us about but the blame for that seem directed at IL despite Edwards form of also messing Wales about.
That's because the blame ultimately does lie with IL. To reveal a coach without a contract being signed is completely unbelievable.

Edwards just went back on his word and screwed us over.

He should never have been given the opportunity to do so.