Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Bevan French - STAYING

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:28 am Following on from last nights game. I've asked the question again. Is he going to sign?

He was close to signing then his recent form has shown down under his quality.
His agent has had further interest from down under, so more talks taking place but for how long no one knows. Wigan have not moved on their offer so that has put the deal slightly back. French had said he wants it sorting now as he is getting tired of it.
I asked the question will it be done in the next couple of weeks?
The answer was who knows now?
Everything has/had been agreed for over a month now - every detail.

Its getting to the point where I think the original agreement is no longer acceptable (from his agents point of view) considering his recent form, his agent will be wanting Wigan to up the offer to reflect that. That's just my opinion.

Wigan are still very confident he stays when I last spoke to someone at the beginning of the week.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He seemed very happy & relaxed last night after the game. He is being told not to say anything by his agent IMO.

If anyone deserved marquee it’s this mon & his see you later twin Jai Field & not the player who is getting it at the moment. 😊

https://twitter.com/josie_andrews13/sta ... qjrm2OrSZA
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan wont commit that kind of money to French Josie, there is a plan for the other Marquee slot... The only way I see French getting that level money is if our other target turns us down completely, which as of now is not the case.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

I know you can’t say much but the marquee player, will he fix a problem we have?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Big stick wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:11 pm I know you can’t say much but the marquee player, will he fix a problem we have?
The plan is Luke Thompson pal, its pretty common knowledge now that he's our main target
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sometimes i think its better just to post * He has signed * or not signed its all guess work on here and is getting boring has he ? hasn`t he ? may or he may not have .
Close the tread and announce either way it so frustrating ,.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:48 am He seemed very happy & relaxed last night after the game. He is being told not to say anything by his agent IMO.

If anyone deserved marquee it’s this mon & his see you later twin Jai Field & not the player who is getting it at the moment. 😊

I think Batty’s influence is underestimated. His performance at Magic was outstanding, save for a poor offload.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:14 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:48 am He seemed very happy & relaxed last night after the game. He is being told not to say anything by his agent IMO.

I think Batty’s influence is underestimated. His performance at Magic was outstanding, save for a poor offload.
Yes, but how many games has he influenced for us this season? I’ve nothing against Bateman, I just don’t think forwards are really worthy of Marquee. How often do you jump up out of your seat watching, in anticipation & excitement, a forward as we do for Marshall, Field or French?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:46 pm

Yes, but how many games has he influenced for us this season? I’ve nothing against Bateman, I just don’t think forwards are really worthy of Marquee. How often do you jump up out of your seat watching, in anticipation & excitement, a forward as we do for Marshall, Field or French?
Ellery Hanley didn’t do a bad job.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:50 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:46 pm

Ellery Hanley didn’t do a bad job.
True but him, Andy Farrell & Lockers are few & far between. Think Faz now is the only forward who gets people excited 😊