Riddell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dicknterry

Re: Riddell

Post by Dicknterry »

We are already wasting enough of the salary cap on unfit or past it players - so if his physical condition is as poor as this rumour thread suggests i'd get rid of him.
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Dicknterry wrote:We are already wasting enough of the salary cap on unfit or past it players - so if his physical condition is as poor as this rumour thread suggests i'd get rid of him.
Don't think that would affect the salary cap, as we'd still have to py him to the end of his contract.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Very true exile and if I am not mistaken he has maybe 2 years left. So whether we rate him or do not rate him we need something from him re the remainder of his contract.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
gillysmyhero wrote:From what I've been told he's got a back &knee problemso he cant train for long periods. Noble used to let him sit out a lot of the training were as Maguier has got him doing things that doesn't cause him problems. Hopefully we might see a big improvement in piggy this season.
gilly , how much do you know about the so called back and knee problems ?

Do you reckon they are something weight loss can ease ?

Adds more backing to why deacon was signed
To be honest I don't know much about his back & knee problems just that they caused him problems with training. I did hear though that he has had to pay for his own swimming sessions .Like i said this is only what I've heard so how true It is I don't know.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

He is training with Wigan Wasps but keeps coming last, I think they are using him as a life bouy
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

ddtftf wrote:He is training with Wigan Wasps but keeps coming last, I think they are using him as a life bouy

pmsl :lol:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

:D
pieman

Post by pieman »

I was out in town on Friday night and around 12 o'clock quite a few Wigan players came into the John Bull pub all booted and suited with wags in tow.

However, of much more interest to me and my mates was a certain Mark Riddell, i believe i may have been amongst the first people to see him when he first came to our town as a mate of mine picked him up at the airport and was amazed at the size of him and that it never changed during his time here whilst playing and training.

On Friday i was pleased to see the lad has lost a good bit of weight and like other wigan fans am keen to see if this has a pronounced effect on his game, the others looked in excellent condition as well by the way.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pieman wrote:I was out in town on Friday night and around 12 o'clock quite a few Wigan players came into the John Bull pub all booted and suited with wags in tow.
They had all been on a 'bonding' dinner with Ian Lenegan :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan