Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Hampshire

Post by Wandering Warrior »

From what I've heard I'd be more mithered about the fitness of some of their players than ours!
I must admit though that the fitness of ST is somewhat cloak and dagger.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wandering Warrior wrote:From what I've heard I'd be more mithered about the fitness of some of their players than ours!
I must admit though that the fitness of ST is somewhat cloak and dagger.
It always was if you recall. How many times was Sam pulled half an hour before kick off once the seats were filled at the DW!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:A reliable RedVee poster says that Rocky's loan to Cas has been pulled because of the question mark over Sam's fitness!
I hope not. I'd sooner he went on loan and did well at half back than see him stand in for Sam, not do well at 1 as he aint a 1 and then be cast aside again when Sam was fit.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:A reliable RedVee poster says that Rocky's loan to Cas has been pulled because of the question mark over Sam's fitness!
I hope not. I'd sooner he went on loan and did well at half back than see him stand in for Sam, not do well at 1 as he aint a 1 and then be cast aside again when Sam was fit.
I am with you on that as it is far better to be on loan playing in his proper position, but is that where Castleford intend to play him?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The reliable redvee poster no doubt got his information from this forum!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wes

Post by Wes »

Also SW wouldn't let him play against us or in CC so cas where weighing up other options. Both cas and hudds came in for him on a loan basis both clubs also see him as a FB. IL is reluctant to send him on a season long loan unless he signs a contract extension for a further season with us, in his view what is the point we either want him or we don't!?!?!?! He just wants to play rugby, SW told him to look for other opportunities at other clubs then when he finds some obstacles are put in place to make things difficult. Lastly SW asked him to stick around because ST MAY miss some games at the beginning of the season so we could use him at FB. Once ST is fit he what waits around on the scrap heap for other injuries?!?!? The lad is getting thoroughly messed about!!!

I'm hearing from a few directions now that it's either Wanes way or no way and somebody else who I am hearing is running out of patience due to lack of game time is MM.

Really starting to lose confidence with our club at the moment on how we conduct our business with players, it is beyond me why we are willing to persist with smith and Powell instead of giving Hampshire a fair crack of the whip.

If your face doesn't fit .........
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TBH Wes nothing you have written surprises me. Rocky has been treated disgracefully in my opinion and all the while his frustrations will be building up to a crescendo.
It may be make or break for Rocky next year but for me it's make or break for SW.
Another potless season and SW has to go, his inept and apparent lack of man management skills will compound the pressure to get shut.
As for Rocky, the money is on for him to go elsewhere and do the business no doubt.
The comments re. MM are interesting.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wes

Post by Wes »

I have been told that all Rocky wants is the opportunity to play rugby week in week out, he sees himself as a HB but will play anywhere as long as he is playing.

SW has to go now IMO I said last season was 1 too many before a tackle was made, he took over a great side with structures and cultures in place he to his credit carried on to bring silverware home for a spell but the longer he has coached us the further and further we have gone from what we where under Madge.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

If we are bringing Hampshire back to cover Sam Tomkins, surely there is no future for Lewis Tierney?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I think Tierney is the reserve wingman taking Manfredi's slot from last year. He could get some valuable game time.
Tierney has only just turned 21.

As for Hampshire, what a mess! Such a talented lad not being fully developed by the club. If his loan deal is put on hold his proposed club, Cas, may well look to loan someone else.

From comments by previous posters it appears IMO that there is division over Ryan between on one hand IL and Rads and on the other Waney.
Most loaned players are cup tied by us, a few aren't.
Since Waney took over all players (bar Hock) were allowed to play SL against us. That is Waney's belief that they should. If the club have told Cas that Ryan is both Cup and League tied then it looks like IL and Rads have over ruled Waney.

All it needs is Ryan to play for Cas against us in the League and win the game for them. Wigan fans would go into meltdown. IL & Rads know this and want to prevent it at all costs. Waney knows it and could care less probably.
The bottom line is that if he went on a perm deal to Cas as soon as they got into financial trouble (again) Leeds or Saints maybe Wire would put in an offer the Tigers couldn't refuse. On a perm deal Hampshire could be at Cas less time than Sean Long was at Widnes.
Now that would go down well with Wigan fans!

My betting is on Ryan Hampshire remaining at Wigan long term.