Squad v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Graham1

Re: Squad v Hull KR

Post by Graham1 »

Someone like Shane Flanagan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:21 am
Graham1 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:48 am Replace KR with someone not previously connected to Wigan, no old boys. But who understands the game and knows a quality player when they see one and recruits players in right positions.

Eg don’t go for a fullback when we have other issues elsewhere. Buying second row forwards who both play on the left when we need one on the right as we did with Greenwood. Did we need to buy Field?

Someone who won’t keep players past their sell buy dates and write players up as world beaters when they are just championship players. I suppose everything that KR does. I believe KR to be a genuine sincere person as seen with the clubs gestures towards other players and Dom but based on recruitment policy KR needs to hand the job over to someone else.
But KR brought Greenwood in and even then Greenwood didn't play both sides, Faz had to move to accommodate him.

Who would you bring in? I'd say KR is on par with his opposites, Warrington always seem to sign well but it never works out, we look like we don't sign as well but won trophies (until Lam)

Didn't we bring field in because we thought we would lose either Hastings or French this year?
Isn’t that the point Graham is making? Why sign Greenwood if it meant moving Farrell to a side he is less effective. It’s poor planning and ignorance.

With regards to Field, both Hastings and French were under contract for this season so not sure that’s necessarily true unless the club had strong reason to believe one of them wouldn’t be here in 2021? But we haven’t been privy to such information.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:38 am
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:11 am So who would you replace KR with? Who in the same role has brought similar success to the club that KR has to Wigan (no defence of KR just a question)

It's funny that we are stuck with Lam currently because Edwards messed us about but the blame for that seem directed at IL despite Edwards form of also messing Wales about.
That's because the blame ultimately does lie with IL. To reveal a coach without a contract being signed is completely unbelievable.

Edwards just went back on his word and screwed us over.

He should never have been given the opportunity to do so.
It’s laughable.

What must have really been the reason a contract wasn’t signed? Like really?

I know IL said this gentleman’s agreement / verbal contract, but surely at the point of doing a press conference you need it official.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Suzieb wrote:This is suzies husband again oh dear a lot of negativity on here maybe I did have the foresight to keep bringing up my points as some of them are what I have been saying allseason please remember that everyone on a forum has the right to comment and should not be critiised for doing so.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

pearsy wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:02 am Wigan are just not good enough in all departments from the top manager and playing staff we will be lucky to make the playoffs
Don’t wanna make the playoffs. We will only get embarrassed.
Bring Tony smith in! Better coach than Lam all day long
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I agree barny
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I agree barney
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:32 am
pearsy wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:02 am Wigan are just not good enough in all departments from the top manager and playing staff we will be lucky to make the playoffs
Imagine wishing for Tony Smith to be head coach a couple of years ago :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:21 pm
Why not?

He is and always was a fine coach who’d simply gone stale at Warrington,he looks like a kid in a toy shop at KR,yes they’re not going to win anything but they’re playing the right way in my opinion,imagine what he could,have done at a club with resources Wigan have?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:21 pm
Don’t see the problem.
Won more than the current super league coaches