DW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: DW

Post by medlocke »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:02 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:38 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:53 pm I don't feel this is the good news we want it to be.

Supporting two loss making operations can't be sustainable can it?

£1.5 Billion, I doubt it would even touch his interest, he'll probably be getting £74 million (pre tax) a year in interest according to https://www.projectfinanciallyfree.com/ ... on-pounds/
:D I doubt he has that money invested in the bank :lol: :lol:

But your point is a valid one.
Even a third of that would would probably be enough to run both clubs :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:53 pm I don't feel this is the good news we want it to be.

Supporting two loss making operations can't be sustainable can it?

£1.5 Billion, I doubt it would even touch his interest, he'll probably be getting £74 million (pre tax) a year in interest according to https://www.projectfinanciallyfree.com/ ... on-pounds/

People with money don't stay rich by throwing it about willy nilly.

I really hope your correct and I'm wrong but everyone is celebrating before any impact on the club is actually know.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:08 pm

I really hope your correct and I'm wrong but everyone is celebrating before any impact on the club is actually know.
he probably pays more in tax every year than what the Football and Rugby will cost, Millionaires don't throw money around willy nilly, Billionaires just don't care

the end
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:19 pm

he probably pays more in tax every year than what the Football and Rugby will cost, Millionaires don't throw money around willy nilly, Billionaires just don't care

the end
I love how all your stories finish with “THE END”,But why dont they start with “ONCE UPON A TIME”?.Serious question 😜
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:10 pm

the end
I love how all your stories finish with “THE END”,But why dont they start with “ONCE UPON A TIME”?.Serious question 😜
I shall have to add it to the armoury
:D
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:37 pm

the end
Good man
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

medlocke wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:37 pm

the end
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Does anybody have any information on when the stadium sponsorship by DW expires, as it would be nice to have a refresh should the stadium finally become a dual home rather than what it has become over the years
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Raging Penguin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:08 pm Does anybody have any information on when the stadium sponsorship by DW expires, as it would be nice to have a refresh should the stadium finally become a dual home rather than what it has become over the years
was there ever a formal sponsorship or just vanity from DW himself?

pretty sure he wouldnt have paid for the privilege of sponsoring the stadium and he has nothing to do with it now, so up to the new owners how they are going to generate additional revenue for hopefully both clubs
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve asked & I still can’t use confetti 🎉 as the stadium company complained about it 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan