SACK SW NOW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: SACK SW NOW

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I post as me. Nobody else. Once did a brief wind up as Fat Harry. My guess is Kol is Kol.
You also cameo'd as Brian McTigue. That was too obvious as you've made no secret of your adulation of him! :lol:
Oops forgot that and yes. Warren Ryan the famous coach in Aus rekons Mctigue is the best prop ever and I agree :)
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

cpwigan wrote:Nothing won yet and our fishy poster may have the last laugh :wink:
I might have to drown some maggots at FTF,s :wink:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

If we got a new coach in and sacked Wane in September would the youngsters get a the chances they have had. As they look like they will go through a wall for Wane atm.

Hughes had a bit of a donkey moments at times yesterday but in general all the players are challenging some very senior players for week in week out positions when they return. With Prescott in real danger of losing his place to Crosby. Only 2 players could be safe and that's Mossop and Hansen.

All the doom and gloom around Smith and Blake has gone very quiet. They have gelled inside a few months something a partnership can take a lot longer to settle down. And the kicking game although not fantastic is still better than Finch or TL had.

Wane over the last few months has somewhat taken the side through a very torrid time. Losing TL, Finch and Carmont almost half his pack is missing and still we put some good displays and now sit at the top of SL. Although in terms of success means sod all its still one hell of an achievement considering the personnel changes he has had to do.

But we lose on Monday Kol will have got his 1 bar connection on his phone to have his Wane out moment again.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

thegimble wrote:If we got a new coach in and sacked Wane in September would the youngsters get a the chances they have had. As they look like they will go through a wall for Wane atm.

Hughes had a bit of a donkey moments at times yesterday but in general all the players are challenging some very senior players for week in week out positions when they return. With Prescott in real danger of losing his place to Crosby. Only 2 players could be safe and that's Mossop and Hansen.

All the doom and gloom around Smith and Blake has gone very quiet. They have gelled inside a few months something a partnership can take a lot longer to settle down. And the kicking game although not fantastic is still better than Finch or TL had.

Wane over the last few months has somewhat taken the side through a very torrid time. Losing TL, Finch and Carmont almost half his pack is missing and still we put some good displays and now sit at the top of SL. Although in terms of success means sod all its still one hell of an achievement considering the personnel changes he has had to do.

But we lose on Monday Kol will have got his 1 bar connection on his phone to have his Wane out moment again.
It seems to matter not who is the coach BUT rather whether or not injuries present themselves and create opportunities for young players.

The only achievement that matters is a CC or GF win.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:
thegimble wrote:If we got a new coach in and sacked Wane in September would the youngsters get a the chances they have had. As they look like they will go through a wall for Wane atm.

It seems to matter not who is the coach BUT rather whether or not injuries present themselves and create opportunities for young players.

I agree winning a trophy is the only achievement that matters. But developing a side and going forward is just as important. If Wane was not in charge this year a new coach would have done the tried and tested logic of signing a few more experienced players therefore stifling the development of players who are coming through.

Sports is result based Wane had faith in them I doubt a new coach would have. Changing coaches every 2 years or under due to not winning anything will result in instability. Thats what happened to us from around the mid 90's to when Madge took charge and then on to Wane who was his assistant. If we do not win anything this season Kol will log off his main ego here and comeback and will be on his high horse. Just do not be surprised that changing coach will lead to us going backwards and not forwards.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

thegimble wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

I agree winning a trophy is the only achievement that matters. But developing a side and going forward is just as important. If Wane was not in charge this year a new coach would have done the tried and tested logic of signing a few more experienced players therefore stifling the development of players who are coming through.

Sports is result based Wane had faith in them I doubt a new coach would have. Changing coaches every 2 years or under due to not winning anything will result in instability. Thats what happened to us from around the mid 90's to when Madge took charge and then on to Wane who was his assistant. If we do not win anything this season Kol will log off his main ego here and comeback and will be on his high horse. Just do not be surprised that changing coach will lead to us going backwards and not forwards.
I think fans need to understand IL decides and dictates what policy Wigan follow in terms of youth development and/or purchasing ready made players. The coach simply follows IL's policy. If they think and can convince IL that a new player should be signed then he will attempt to do so at a price he is willing to pay.

Re Changing coaches YES / NO. I think 3 seasons is the optimum for any coach in the modern day. What fans need to realise thjat the expectation level is dynamic. Wigan's expectations went up and up so whomever took charge after Madge had to meet those expectations. IL expects a major trophy. The expectation at any time is based on the current set up including the playing squad.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote: What fans need to realise that the expectation level is dynamic.
Which is the simple reason this thread is pointless! Wigan win - Kol's absent. Wigan lose and he regurgitates this thread and claims he was right "all along"
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

butt monkey wrote:
cpwigan wrote: What fans need to realise that the expectation level is dynamic.
Which is the simple reason this thread is pointless! Wigan win - Kol's absent. Wigan lose and he regurgitates this thread and claims he was right "all along"
Exactly what I said in a previous post!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

What alternative would any coach have had given the inures to the forwards? In the backs where we have had no significant injures Wane has played his full strength side virtually every game. He even moved Charnley to full back which he said he wouldn't do (play players out of position). Now I know he had little choice with that one but the same is true of the forwards in terms of what where the alternatives. We simply ran out of players and there is no way we can simply just buy in experience due to the salary cap. Prescott, Hansen, Mossop, Dudson and Lauaki all still get paid while injured.

This takes nothing away from the fantastic effort shown by the young players but I am simply pointing out this wasn't a deliberate policy. The fact it has worked out well and these players have got game time is a bonus stemming from the injury siltation but it wasn't the plan. We don't have any idea how many of them would have got a game had even a couple more forwards not have been injured.
jobo

Post by jobo »

DaveO wrote:
thegimble wrote:
cpwigan wrote: It seems to matter not who is the coach BUT rather whether or not injuries present themselves and create opportunities for young players.

What alternative would any coach have had given the inures to the forwards? In the backs where we have had no significant injures Wane has played his full strength side virtually every game. He even moved Charnley to full back which he said he wouldn't do (play players out of position). Now I know he had little choice with that one but the same is true of the forwards in terms of what where the alternatives. We simply ran out of players and there is no way we can simply just buy in experience due to the salary cap. Prescott, Hansen, Mossop, Dudson and Lauaki all still get paid while injured.

This takes nothing away from the fantastic effort shown by the young players but I am simply pointing out this wasn't a deliberate policy. The fact it has worked out well and these players have got game time is a bonus stemming from the injury siltation but it wasn't the plan. We don't have any idea how many of them would have got a game had even a couple more forwards not have been injured.
Of course it's planned. This is the reason why you have a squad of players, to cover the inevitable injuries. Wane deserves credit for the squad, especially in view of the stick he took in appointing some of the squad members.