Hocky

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
x Wigan Warrior x

Re: Hocky

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Does anyone have a link to the un edited gaz hock interview ? Didn't see it and can't find it
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

One further thought on this. If you look at this in the eyes of the England squad, it looks particularly bad on Macnamara in that they will see he didn't have the balls to tell Hock he was out face to face. Not only will he be seen as a bad coach as I am sure they realise from a tactical perspective but he is a mouse as well.

He had ample opportunity at the end of the video session to dismiss the players and ask Hock to stay behind to dismiss him from the squad in person. This would have sent out a strong message of discipline to the squad. Instead we get cowardice from the England coach. It is no wonder some of the players wouldn't train.

We're doomed, doomed I tell thee!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Does anyone have a link to the un edited gaz hock interview ? Didn't see it and can't find it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/24639854

Full explanation 3 mins 10 secs onwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

What a contrast to the opinions of Hock by most supporters in the local pubs, clubs and other websites.

Face the fact, if Hock had not been selected for the squad in the first place, the incident would never have occur.

A liability to every team he has played for and a fool to himself.

You only have to look at the great team spirit we now have at Wigan since his departure.

Sad, as he is a great player!

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Face the fact, if Hock had not been selected for the squad in the first place, the incident would never have occur.
Well obviously. If a player isn't there, you can't send him home! :(
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Kaii wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Does anyone have a link to the un edited gaz hock interview ? Didn't see it and can't find it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/24639854

Full explanation 3 mins 10 secs onwards
Thanks
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

As with all of these types of events there will be 3 versions....................

1. Hocks version

2. Englands version

3. The truth, probably the one we wont hear.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:What a contrast to the opinions of Hock by most supporters in the local pubs, clubs and other websites.

A liability to every team he has played for and a fool to himself.

You only have to look at the great team spirit we now have at Wigan since his departure.

Sad, as he is a great player!

Some huge sweeping statements WW

I will take issue with one, players breaking the alcohol curfew would have happened with / without Gaz Hock. He was also guilty of oversleeping by 20 minutes.

99% of supporters live in cloud cuckoo land as to what happens on a daily basis at professional sporting clubs. Players have spats, players trade blows on the training pitches, players key cars, players do the dirty with a teammates partner and so on and so on.

Shit happens but the reason we live in cloud cuckoo land is it gets dealt with and we are none the wiser. I, others look at the bigger picture, ignore dislike of player X, Y & Z. McNamara who despite stating the contrary is looking for an out from is job ACTED LIKE A COMPLETE FOOL. HE IS THE MANAGERIAL LEVEL EMPLOYEE.
phild1

Post by phild1 »

cpwigan wrote:Exactly what Gimble says ON ALL COUNTS

You PUNISH ALL or NONE AT ALL

AND you do not broadcast it
=I totally agree,the barmpots cant be botherd about wearing an England shirt,they are not worth two rows of sheep shit.(I thought the days of training on best bitter was long gone) :(
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

NOTHING WRONG WITH DRINKIN G!!! :)