Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: It's official, Sam Tomkins released from NZ Warriors contract

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The booze hound wrote:Got a couple of Wire fans texting me saying Tomkins is/has signed for them and they claim it's not a wind-up. I Hope they are wrong and I think they are wrong but it's making me uneasy.
Is it 'is or has'?? That should give it away!! If they are that confident surely they would know!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
OJ

Post by OJ »

The booze hound wrote:Got a couple of Wire fans texting me saying Tomkins is/has signed for them and they claim it's not a wind-up. I Hope they are wrong and I think they are wrong but it's making me uneasy.
Don't panic

A. He loves Wigan
B. Can you really see him playing against his brothers
C. He isn't ugly enough by a country mile to play for Wire
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

TV Warrior

Post by TV Warrior »

OJ wrote:
Don't panic

A. He loves Wigan
B. Can you really see him playing against his brothers
C. He isn't ugly enough by a country mile to play for Wire
Might explain why he grew that beard of his
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Sam

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:
markill wrote:Are we maybe waiting for the bad news / good news scenario? I.e. 'so and so is leaving and we're sad to see him go but we're delighted to announce the signing of Sam Tomkins from 2016'
I think this announcement was dependent upon the RTS announcement (who IMO is potentially a far better FB) and then a marquee rule announcement.
I think that we will make room for him under the salary cap. A further player may come in under the marquee rule - now that would be exciting! One worry I do have is how we would also sign up Rocky to a good deal and still be under the cap? We are also rumoured to be looking at Percival at Saints, so some players may have to leave.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
markill wrote:Are we maybe waiting for the bad news / good news scenario? I.e. 'so and so is leaving and we're sad to see him go but we're delighted to announce the signing of Sam Tomkins from 2016'
I think this announcement was dependent upon the RTS announcement (who IMO is potentially a far better FB) and then a marquee rule announcement.
I think that we will make room for him under the salary cap. A further player may come in under the marquee rule - now that would be exciting! One worry I do have is how we would also sign up Rocky to a good deal and still be under the cap? We are also rumoured to be looking at Percival at Saints, so some players may have to leave.
Bowen will go and free up space!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cumbria_warrior

Re: Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Post by cumbria_warrior »

We just now need to wait for ages to see where sam will end up. Come on IL get the deal done.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote: I think this announcement was dependent upon the RTS announcement (who IMO is potentially a far better FB) and then a marquee rule announcement.
This season or next
TrueBlueWarrior

cumbria_warrior wrote:We just now need to wait for ages to see where sam will end up. Come on IL get the deal done.
2-3 days!!
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: I think that we will make room for him under the salary cap. A further player may come in under the marquee rule - now that would be exciting! One worry I do have is how we would also sign up Rocky to a good deal and still be under the cap? We are also rumoured to be looking at Percival at Saints, so some players may have to leave.
This season or next
End of this season as Sam will only join then!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cumbria_warrior wrote:We just now need to wait for ages to see where sam will end up. Come on IL get the deal done.
Did he not say it would be sorted in a couple of days? or was i hearing things lol.