Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dickidido

Re: Hampshire

Post by dickidido »

From what I know rocky was told he had to sign a year extension or the cas deal was off, rocky felt backed into a corner but wanted to go to cas to battle for his place in the halves so signed. Think there's a difference of opinion with il rads and wane IL And rads see him as George's half back pairing for the next ten years but what can he do when wane won't give him a chance a chance which he promised him. The club picked the club's he could go on loan to and nearly all clubs were out of the question. All he wants is a fair crack if he's not good enough then at least he can move on and say I give it my best shot. As for Tierney the club took a final year option out on him to keep him away from other teams absolutely absurd decision. If they think a player is going to hurt them play him if he gos away and does well that's just sport
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I suspect Tierney is being kept for this year because of the upcoming U23's/reserve league. You will effectively require enough players to cover U19's, reserve and 1st team. Rob Lever, Rhoddri Lloyd and Jamie Doran have all been released from that Hampshire, Williams, Burgess, Sutton age group and there are no wingers really ready to step up from this years academy leaving no direct cover for the Charnley/ Manfredi wing position. Given Manfredis previous injury record over the last four years it's probably the safe option to keep Tierney for at least another year.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I'm pretty sure Tierney has two years left on his contract to the end of 2017.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:I suspect Tierney is being kept for this year because of the upcoming U23's/reserve league. You will effectively require enough players to cover U19's, reserve and 1st team. Rob Lever, Rhoddri Lloyd and Jamie Doran have all been released from that Hampshire, Williams, Burgess, Sutton age group and there are no wingers really ready to step up from this years academy leaving no direct cover for the Charnley/ Manfredi wing position. Given Manfredis previous injury record over the last four years it's probably the safe option to keep Tierney for at least another year.
I do not think we will see a fully fledged reserve grade. What you may see ids Wigan, Saints and probably Wire playing each other as much as 3 times each.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

dickidido wrote:Think there's a difference of opinion with il rads and wane IL And rads see him as George's half back pairing for the next ten years but what can he do when wane won't give him a chance a chance which he promised him.
Well he can't do anything but IL can. Sack Wane. It's one thing to stand back and let the coach get on with it but another if you think he's screwing up the next 10 years because no coach lasts that long.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

It will be interesting when squad numbers are released to see who gets what!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Kittwazzer wrote:It will be interesting when squad numbers are released to see who gets what!
Yes good point when are the squad numbers released?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Tomkins out until easter due to operation so looks like we get Hampshire at fullback for atleast first 2 months in 2016.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote:Tomkins out until easter due to operation so looks like we get Hampshire at fullback for atleast first 2 months in 2016.
And no doubt certain fans will still moan on that he isn't in the halfs, at least now he will get a decent run to show how good he is and whether he is worth keeping
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:Tomkins out until easter due to operation so looks like we get Hampshire at fullback for atleast first 2 months in 2016.
And no doubt certain fans will still moan on that he isn't in the halfs, at least now he will get a decent run to show how good he is and whether he is worth keeping
Let me see :conf: Lockers we are short at centre, you play centre; George we are short at centre, you play centre, Joel we need a full back, you play fullback.

Not rocket science even for you Meds; if we want to find out if a stand off can hack it at stand off then he has to play stand off :wink: