A W O L

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
robbobillinge

Re: A W O L

Post by robbobillinge »

Can I throw another factor in here. I assume, maybe incorrectly, that Solamona is a foreign born player. If so I assume he has a work visa which enables him to play Rugby League for Castleford...........
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Do you remember the case of Ricky Bibey?He was out on loan from Wigan,when St Helens signed him, not realising that he was still under contract to Wigan who were quick to remind them of the fact.Saints ended up paying £20.000.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

robbobillinge wrote:Can I throw another factor in here. I assume, maybe incorrectly, that Solamona is a foreign born player. If so I assume he has a work visa which enables him to play Rugby League for Castleford...........
. Good point,I read on Casforum that Cas had to get a work visa for DS because he was then a relatively unknown player for London Broncos.I don't of course know the terms of that visa,but consider the case of a player named Ropati who was playing for Featherstone Rovers.He sustained a very serious facial injury leaving him unable to play for some considerable time and without income.His visa only allowed him to play rugby league for Featherstone,no other team,or take up any other paid employment. I wonder what Denny's visa covers.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

robbobillinge wrote:Can I throw another factor in here. I assume, maybe incorrectly, that Solamona is a foreign born player. If so I assume he has a work visa which enables him to play Rugby League for Castleford...........
That's an interesting point!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

jao711 wrote:Do you remember the case of Ricky Bibey?He was out on loan from Wigan,when St Helens signed him, not realising that he was still under contract to Wigan who were quick to remind them of the fact.Saints ended up paying £20.000.
But that was RL to RL. Both clubs governed by the same body.
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

The work permit issue is very valid but I presume it is even easier to get one playing RU.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jao711 wrote:
. Good point,I read on Casforum that Cas had to get a work visa for DS because he was then a relatively unknown player for London Broncos.I don't of course know the terms of that visa,but consider the case of a player named Ropati who was playing for Featherstone Rovers.He sustained a very serious facial injury leaving him unable to play for some considerable time and without income.His visa only allowed him to play rugby league for Featherstone,no other team,or take up any other paid employment. I wonder what Denny's visa covers.
Just had Happy New Year wishes from Tangi ????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
doc

Post by doc »

I read somewhere that Sale signed him about 3 days after his work permit was changed to indefinite stay/work. I guess they helped push the change through. If the approach by Sale is deemed illegal that may put his work permit in jeopardy.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bill.inger wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:23 DEC 2016 AVIVA PREMIERSHIP
N'hampton
Sale Sharks
HT 14-0

Justifies his signing I suppose. They'd have been nilled without him!
Hey up KW, you're back. I thought you were a gonner.
Not really Bill. I just didn't see any point engaging in discussions on a forum when the plug is about to be pulled!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kittwazzer wrote:
bill.inger wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:23 DEC 2016 AVIVA PREMIERSHIP
N'hampton
Sale Sharks
HT 14-0

Justifies his signing I suppose. They'd have been nilled without him!
Hey up KW, you're back. I thought you were a gonner.
Not really Bill. I just didn't see any point engaging in discussions on a forum when the plug is about to be pulled!
Good to see you back KW :)