Gareth Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: Gareth Hock

Post by Matthew »

If Hock couldn't stay out of trouble when his life was going well (from a career point of view) then how is he going to survive in exile from RL and Wigan.

Once any rehab is concluded, it is highly unlikely (and unwise) that Hock will be allowed near the club. By doing so, the club risks appearing to condone his actions.

After two years out of the game, he wouldn't be match fit; even if he kept his training up. Can anyone see him staying fit during his layoff? Hudson came back after a ban and whilst not in Hock's class at his prime; he is certain a lesser player than he was. Wendall Sailor was also banned for cocaine abuse and whilst he may have been nearing the end of his career; he was certainly a not the player he was pre-ban when he returned

I wish Hock well in life and hope that he manages to rescue it from the path of destruction that he has chosen. If the ban is enforced as expected; then it is highly unlikely that we will see him play for Wigan again.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
rebecca

Post by rebecca »

wht the hell did gareth hock think he was doin god how stupid can u get its real bad news for the warriors they need all the help they can get lately
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

wondering whether to take down my Hock 11 car mini kit. or write over hock in marker pen to a different word (something similar sounding to Ben Cockayne).

£2.99 i have to fork out now for O Gloughlin :( (depending on b sample)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

pnb as cpwigan pointed out we have had umpteen posts on 12 pages now with most posts being of a mature nature. Please dont troll, go to rlfans for that.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

I'm absolutely gutted by this news. While we have spent the whole season complaining about Nobles boring style, I couldn't help but to look forward to watching Hock play. He is eccentric and unpredictable and therefore exciting to watch. He will be a massive loss not only to our club but to the sport.

After reading peoples comments the main thing on my mind is Gareth's wellbeing and I really hope he can bounce back from this. Peoples health is more important than anything and I think I would swap a Wembley trip to see a clean B-sample and a fit and healthy Gareth Hock.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

was the urine sample at the same times as the A test or is it recent?

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

18th My understanding is the A and B are taken at the same time. They take the B in case the A somehow becomes contaminated and feeze it only using it when the A comes up as positive.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i thought they took the B Test when the A test was positive to see if he was still using it but if they were taken at the same time then this story is not going to have a happy ending.

my closing comments for the night are we all know what Gareth Hock has done is stupid and cannot be condoned but i believe as stated by others in this topic we need to get behind the team AND Gareth in particular. we all make mistakes in life and somtimes people are judged on how they react rather than the mistake itself. If the town of Wigan, The Club, The fans and the Rugby League World all pull together to help him he may come back in two years time better than ever.

everybody will agree with me when i say a players health is more inportant than Rugby.

as a dark day for Rugby ends lets all hope for a better tommorow.

MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Drugs have no place whatsoever in Sport because it is cheating and there is no place for cheating. Taking
drugs puts a strain on your body and will affect you in later life. Any advantage gained by taking drugs will be nullified by the damage you are doing to yourself. It’s abhorrent and I will not tolerate anyone using them.
Wigan Warriors coach Brian Noble, form the first page of the RFLs anti-doping booklet.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It's interesting how peoples views have swung since the first page of this thread. Initial reaction was "what an idiot" then it swung to "he needs to support of the fans and club".

My personal opinion; there are thousands of kids who would love to play professional rugby league. Some are talented and fortunate enough to get the opportunity. What they do with that opportunity is their choice and anyone who abuses that opportunity deserves no support from anyone. Let's see what the second sample shows.