Need I say more??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Need I say more??

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Well as some may know, I did not renew my season ticket this year after over 20 years.

I had a variety of reasons for this ranging from my view that the game is dying, to depletion of our squad and the club screwing me after helping them use technology to their significant advantage ( on the pitch).

Having said all that I didn't think we had a chance tonight. I am quite happy to say I was wrong and I hope I continue to be wrong as that will mean my team are successful.

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

East Stand Faithful - Good of you to cock up. Others, unlike you, may crawl out of the woodwork and say....?
E.& O.E.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

devon jim 1 wrote:Fully agree with Stan Dish
I agree with him too, such an excellent and well thought out post.

But has anyone else spotted it?

His first name is Stan and his surname is Dish. Put them together and they say STANDISH which is actually a borough of Wigan!!!

Hope he isn't from around these parts. He would have taken an awful lot of stick at school. They might even have given him the nickname 'Sky'!
Stan Dish

Post by Stan Dish »

I may be wrong on this Kiwi, but I always thought when you were 'overjoyed 'the phrase used was spelt Cock a Hoop.But I reckon SW finds that result"acceptable"
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ron Doran wrote:East Stand Faithful - Good of you to cock up. Others, unlike you, may crawl out of the woodwork and say....?
:roll: Woodwork. You mean like all those fans who seemingly have no cahones when asked to predict what Wigan will achieve by the end of this season? A win and suddenly a few think it signals a GF win and/or a CC win?

Last season we got the hubcap and NOTHING. Results at this time of the season are irrelevant. Leeds get beat by Hudds each season and go on to win a SL GF.

I hope risking half fit / unfit ? players was worth it ?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Why do we have to dissect every result, win, lose or draw I support the team. When we lose yes it is inevitable you look at negatives but surely when we win we are allowed to be positive. Winning tonight does not mean we will win a GF, Leeds losing to Hudds does not make them poor etc. Winning a game does not make SW a great coach and neither does losing make him awful, after 2 years if we only have LLS to show for it then maybe it is time we freshened things up, we are WWRLFC we should be winning things irrelevant of losing senior players, injuries etc. I think posters on here are very quick at stating the obvious and to be honest they are entitled to say what they want but for goodness sake we will have many ups and downs this season but the exact same posts come out when we lose and the same ones when we win. Last year we beat Leeds away 50-8 with a depleted team and it was a great night, did we win the GF NO, did they YES!! I think we should just live in the moment more and enjoy it while it is good and not be hasty when we lose. If things are bad for a sustained amount of time then we change things simple, but for tonight and at least till next Friday I am buzzing, that is the roller coaster emotions of being a fan!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The are times to be critica, but not at present, when the team is doing so well with all the injuries.

Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Southern Softy wrote:
29wes28 wrote:Excellent post mr dish.
This is all well and good but did not Mr. Dish recently run away with the spoon? Can he be trusted?

Good luck for tonight guys - if we do beat "Les Grenouilles" we will have done really well.
Mon Dieu! Formidable etc. etc.

Listened on Radio Manc last night and watched the tries this morning. On a night of weird results - ours was the best of all. Terrific effort from the team.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

FROM A TO B wrote:Just love this thread.
2nd in the league, drew against Wire and beaten the team that has won against Leeds and drawn against Catalan in recent weeks.
Taking into account our front row is decimated at the moment (no doubt SW's fault as well), I'll be happy with a show agaisnt the Catalan pack. Truthfully, I don't expect a win agaisnt the Dragons as they do dominate the front row and with the best will in the world, we are weak up front at the moment. Would like to see a short term signing for a no nonsense only know how to run forward prop from a national league team to help bolster the pack. Still, could be worse, we could be Stains fans!
I'd just like to apologise in not putting my faith in our pack. Superb how they stood up against the Dragons last night. Keep it up lads
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Winning tonight does not mean we will win a GF, Leeds losing to Hudds does not make them poor etc. Winning a game does not make SW agreat coach and neither does losing make him awful!!
The exact reason this thread has run its pointless course and needs locking.

When we win he will be a decent coach, when we lose he will be crap.

This thread has now reached the point opinion is formulated based on each single game and at the moment those suggesting doom and gloom have little to aspire to but hope and pray the injuries continue and Wigan eventually succomb to opponents in the CC and the play-offs, until then as CP loves to remind everyone, these are "meaningless games" and should be treated as such in the great scheme of things
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!