Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Lam Out!

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:25 pm
jaws1 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:20 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:27 pm

Not yet…… my guess is he goes straight after the cas game…… wouldnt it make the emergency fans meeting more easier for the club?
If Wigan lose against Castleford and is not sacked before the fans forum if we were a top football club their spectators would be in their thousands outside chanting/placards demanding he be sacked.
Not enough people care anymore. That's the biggest problem. Getting Wane back will not help that.
And that’s the issue,not just here at Wigan but game wise I feel
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I didn't attend the game due to work on Wednesday.

In all honesty, I wasn't convinced either way of victory or defeat, I didn't expect us to hit zero on the scoreboard though.

Must admit, I thought either through dismissal or resignation, Thursday morning Lammy would be out or announced he is going end of the season.

To me, it reads, the club are either hoping for a revival in the playoffs (if we make it through other teams results) and in the unlikely event we make and win the GF, a new rolling one year contract or the club as a result of recent weeks, know full well behind the scenes what the plan is for next season and the new coaching set up.

The upcoming fans forum, will the 120 fans who attend be privy to updates/future plans?

I really hope we can turn it around at Cas and try to regain some form. I also have a huge concern that fans are going to fall away!

I don't expect the club to reveal everything about the future in chapter and verse but, a simple acknowledgement in some form, might be appreciated by many!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:30 pm I didn't attend the game due to work on Wednesday.

In all honesty, I wasn't convinced either way of victory or defeat, I didn't expect us to hit zero on the scoreboard though.

Must admit, I thought either through dismissal or resignation, Thursday morning Lammy would be out or announced he is going end of the season.

To me, it reads, the club are either hoping for a revival in the playoffs (if we make it through other teams results) and in the unlikely event we make and win the GF, a new rolling one year contract or the club as a result of recent weeks, know full well behind the scenes what the plan is for next season and the new coaching set up.

The upcoming fans forum, will the 120 fans who attend be privy to updates/future plans?

I really hope we can turn it around at Cas and try to regain some form. I also have a huge concern that fans are going to fall away!

I don't expect the club to reveal everything about the future in chapter and verse but, a simple acknowledgement in some form, might be appreciated by many!
I was shocked to be honest nothing came out about Lam leaving yesterday,no one watching that shambles on Wednesday could have thought “here’s an idea let’s give him more time”to me the game was up for Lam,to me it speaks volumes about the running of the club,spineless and inept.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:34 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:30 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:25 pm Getting Wane back will not help that.
But it will make 97% of the posters on rlfans happy
Cant say I'm happy with Peet and Wane crowds were dwindling fast when Wane was last here.
Short term option. Wouldn’t have wane back at the helm full time
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam's uncertain future hindering Wigan Warriors as their season unravels

The Cherry and Whites' form has taken a nosedive in recent weeks

In the aftermath of a truly dismal and indeed historic defeat to Leeds Rhinos on Wednesday night, Wigan Warriors head coach Adrian Lam was asked live on Sky Sports about his future.

He replied by saying he was simply focused on the job in hand and was taking things “day to day, week to week”.

Lam’s position at the club, in line with Wigan’s horrendous run of form, is turning into a saga.

It has been for weeks, months even.

Since the early rounds of the 2021 campaign, Lam has been brushing off talk about his future and whether his tenure will extend into a fourth season.

He said a few weeks ago that a decision would be made by the end of July.

Here we are now, almost into September, and there is still radio silence from the Wigan hierarchy.

Lam is one of the most likeable and accommodating head coaches in Super League with the media.

He is generous with his time and a fine raconteur when telling a story or commenting on a topical subject in the game.

But actions speak louder than words and his side is simply not cutting it on the field.

During the past two games – televised home defeats to St Helens and Leeds – Lam has looked a man devoid of answers.

He appeared visibly stunned when his side were taken apart by Saints last Friday and Wednesday’s home loss to the Rhinos had a similar theme.

Wigan simply cannot put a decent attack together, let alone score a try, and patience is starting to wear very thin from supporters who have booed their team off in the past two home games.

Against Leeds, the cherry and whites were nilled at home for the first time since 1991.

Lam, admirably, typically, fronted up after both losses and was honest enough to admit his side weren’t at the races again.

But he has been less than forthcoming about his own position at the club.

Is that uncertainty hurting the Warriors right now and causing them to resemble a rudderless side?

Rugby league is a small game where everyone knows each other’s business and not much is kept secret.

It is generally accepted that Shaun Wane will return to Wigan in some kind of role from next season.

Matty Peet or John Winder, Wigan’s current assistant coaches, are tipped to replace Lam with Wane possibly working in a director of rugby type position on a part-time basis.

Quite how that would work remains to be seen, but in terms of Lam, it appears increasingly certain that he will not be at Wigan next season.

Wigan’s play-off hopes have taken a major battering after a run of three straight defeats and on Bank Holiday Monday they travel to West Yorkshire to face a red-hot Castleford Tigers side seeking their fifth successive Super League victory.

The way in which Wigan’s season has begun to unravel has merely added to the feeling that Lam’s future beyond this season should have been made clear by now.

The Warriors have just four games of the regular season remaining and he is still fending off questions about whether he will be here next year.

Although moves will clearly be taking place behind the scenes to decide the club’s coaching structure for next season, it feels the situation has been allowed to drift.

Maybe Lam’s players have sensed that too as their season hangs in the balance.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Is IL actually OK at the moment? It seems to me that the situation has gone too far for a fully committed leader not to have taken some action or made some comment. Is IL unable to lead right now for some reason - distracted by other concerns, or other issues? I don't know, but I'm starting to wonder.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Mike wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:24 pm Is IL actually OK at the moment? It seems to me that the situation has gone too far for a fully committed leader not to have taken some action or made some comment. Is IL unable to lead right now for some reason - distracted by other concerns, or other issues? I don't know, but I'm starting to wonder.
IL does not sack coaches ala Brian Noble perhaps he is waiting for the fans forum to reveal what is happening but in the past he just been on Wigan TV with updates.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Obviously the forum is after the Cas game and heaven knows what that is going to bring.

How IL & KR react after at the moment seems like an impending defeat I don't know. In the unlikely event of us winning I do hope it doesn't put off their plans to replace Lam.
After the utter shambles of the HKR, Saints and Leeds games it has occurred to me that perhaps plans to keep the head coaches appointment from within has been cancelled and he is now looking for new people to bring new ideas into the club.

Surely there must be some reason for there being silence over Lam's future (or lack of it) at Wigan?
At the start of the second half v Leeds we were saying "well here goes for another 40 minutes of unbridled exciting and entertaining rugby" Whether that was sarcasm or gallows humour I'm not sure but after the first 40 mins we were well cheesed off with what we'd been watching.

I do hope something is put out by the club which will point to an improvement in the club's playing fortunes and the morale of us suffering fans.
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

Lam has lost the players
His arrogance has worn thin with everyone
Where is clubby in his last season
Where is Bullock who was a rock in the run in to last years GF
Where is Clarke who has scored 2 tries in his last 2 appearances
He continues to play burnt out youngsters who are dead on their feet
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:Is IL actually OK at the moment? It seems to me that the situation has gone too far for a fully committed leader not to have taken some action or made some comment. Is IL unable to lead right now for some reason - distracted by other concerns, or other issues? I don't know, but I'm starting to wonder.
I have wondered this. He’s getting on a bit and he’s not just been silent about Wigan. There is plenty of talk about the structure of the game going forward and plenty of the other chairmen are offering their opinions but I haven’t seen anything from IL.

Meanwhile Rads is front the media side of the club as if everything was rosey. There has been plenty of PR (which to be fair used to be lacking) leading up to both the Saints game and the Leeds match but it just looks like he’s fiddling while Rome burns. You’d think we were playing like the side in the 90’s that won the lot one season!