Need I say more??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kol

Re: Need I say more??

Post by Kol »

Read my previous posts!

I said I hope SW proves me wrong, and he has still to convince me, my opinion will only start to change in another 5 games time.

Cats as we know are hot and cold, if they're on fire they'll beat any team, when they're cold Salford can beat them.

Keeping Cats to zero is fantastic, however they are not a consistant team and we'll always have a good day out during the season, no matter who our coach is.

Consistancy is something SW has to show he has the capability to achieve; so far I have not seen this.

No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Kol wrote:Consistancy is something SW has to show he has the capability to achieve; so far I have not seen this.
Look Gareth, this proves you are a troll :roll: Exactly where in the table did Wigan finish last year?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

butt monkey wrote:
Kol wrote:Consistancy is something SW has to show he has the capability to achieve; so far I have not seen this.
Look Gareth, this proves you are a troll :roll: Exactly where in the table did Wigan finish last year?
Beat me to it. It wasn't inconsistency which won us the Shield, a trophy it seems we should now be embarrassed about! :angry:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A hubcap that has all the merit of the charity shield. The winnners of SL are the winners of the GF. The RFL / RL Clubs decided that.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I disagree. Winning the League Leaders Shield does mean something. It means far more than the Charity Shield. If the league didn't think so we wouldn't have a shield to show for it. It would be a wonderful achievement for this group of young men if they can pull that off. Win on Friday and I think we will do so.
Having seen the other teams, we are better than Saints just as we were last year, and Wire have too many miles on the clock. Our vast numbers of young talent will grow and grow as the year goes on.
To think we could be top now, with a new team and so many key injuries, if the last score at the Giants had gone our way (and they will fall away as soon as Brough's form inevitably drops). I don't know about others, but I am enjoying the ride so far and will continue to watch with interest over the spring and the summer. Those of the "meaningless games" persuasion will miss out on 6 months of potential happiness.
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Exiled Wiganer - That is a different slant from most other posters and one I tend to agree with.
E.& O.E.
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I disagree. Winning the League Leaders Shield does mean something. It means far more than the Charity Shield. If the league didn't think so we wouldn't have a shield to show for it. It would be a wonderful achievement for this group of young men if they can pull that off. Win on Friday and I think we will do so.
Having seen the other teams, we are better than Saints just as we were last year, and Wire have too many miles on the clock. Our vast numbers of young talent will grow and grow as the year goes on.
To think we could be top now, with a new team and so many key injuries, if the last score at the Giants had gone our way (and they will fall away as soon as Brough's form inevitably drops). I don't know about others, but I am enjoying the ride so far and will continue to watch with interest over the spring and the summer. Those of the "meaningless games" persuasion will miss out on 6 months of potential happiness.
I am sorry but the hub cap means nothing to me. Do fans talk about the previous winners in the same way as Grand final winners? NO they dont, we could win the hub cap over and over again but if we dont win the Grand final or Challenge cup, to my eyes we have under achieved. Its being in finals and winning them that counts, Leeds have proved that, The league is just a biuld up to the Grand Final and now some coaches are useing it as such, this does not mean I dont get enjoyment from watching our team win because I do. But lets be realistic if you had a choice which cup would you want to win
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

It's too early in the season to predict any kind of end outcome but after just having a look back at the posts from the end of last season that predicted all the doom and gloom because of SW's game plan (or lack of - dependant on the poster), the loss of so many seasoned players and the introduction of the 'kids' its really interesting to consider the following points -:

1. SW - Team are still coping under his guidance and not fairing too badly up to now considering the massive changes

2. Loss of experience - Its looking like some of the oppositions 'experience' is slowing down as it gets older and, I wonder if, soon some of thse teams aren't going to be able to keep up with teams that have already started to build up their new talented younger players. Could Warrington be heading towards their sell-by date? Just a thought!

3. The newbies seem to be realising that they deserve their place with the big boys and are settling in and getting confident enough to be able to fill some of the gaps. Friday night - Crosby, Thornley, Flower, Logan all played a blinder. Well worthy of starting to plug some holes!

Someone mentioned on this thread that as Wigan fans we always expect to win. I don't necessarily always expect to win but I expect the team to make us proud and at the minute I am really proud that over the last couple of matches we have shown that we may not necessarily be the underdogs that other teams, some sports presenters and some of our own fans have made us out to be.

Who knows? We might have to change our motto to 'Not so ancient & loyal'? Here's to hoping! It's nice to be proved wrong sometime..........

:wink: :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I disagree. Winning the League Leaders Shield does mean something. It means far more than the Charity Shield. If the league didn't think so we wouldn't have a shield to show for it. It would be a wonderful achievement for this group of young men if they can pull that off. Win on Friday and I think we will do so.
Who are declared the winners of SL exiled? The hubcap was a trivial after thought. It means nothing. If it meant something why does it not include mega prize money, a decent trophy and the place in the WCC? You can win every game before the play offs and end up with nothing. Leeds have shown the last two years that regular season games are meaningless. People babble we won a hubcap, we scored a gazillion points, conceded none BUT Leeds who won the SL GF. If we were so fantastic surely we would have won one of the two competitions that matter?

If SL was great then how on earth can Hudd be sop awful for the last half of 2012 and now be leading the competition in 2013?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Who are declared the winners of SL exiled? The hubcap was a trivial after thought. It means nothing. If it meant something why does it not include mega prize money, a decent trophy and the place in the WCC? You can win every game before the play offs and end up with nothing. Leeds have shown the last two years that regular season games are meaningless. People babble we won a hubcap, we scored a gazillion points, conceded none BUT Leeds who won the SL GF. If we were so fantastic surely we would have won one of the two competitions that matter?

If SL was great then how on earth can Hudd be so awful for the last half of 2012 and now be leading the competition in 2013?