Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
sheepsteeth

Re: It's official, Sam Tomkins released from NZ Warriors contract

Post by sheepsteeth »

He said he'd sign for someone by the end of the week.

I can't see him not signing for us with the short time. If he was going somewhere else then they'd have had to negotiate a bit longer I would think and also I'm sure IL would have said something by now about how we made him an incredible offer but he wanted to go somewhere else. As people have said IL will be crucified if he doesn't come back.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

sheepsteeth wrote:He said he'd sign for someone by the end of the week.

I can't see him not signing for us with the short time. If he was going somewhere else then they'd have had to negotiate a bit longer I would think and also I'm sure IL would have said something by now about how we made him an incredible offer but he wanted to go somewhere else. As people have said IL will be crucified if he doesn't come back.
IL made a comment 2 days ago about been interested. Its usually no comment. How long did we know Sam was off to NZ but was announced months later.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:So Sam has offers and he has decided nothing for certain on his future with Wigan, Wire, Salford, Leeds and maybe RU interested but yet he is going to announce something in 2-3 days, behave!! It is already signed, sealed and delivered, he is ours!!
You are going look like a silly billy if he goes elsewhere :tong:
If he went elsewhere then IL/KR/SW might as well sign their own death warrants, there would be uproar!!
Aye, the forums will be gridlocked, it will be worse the Whelan/Uncle Mo out era and rightly so, i'm not a huge fan of Tomkins but can see we need a player with his capabilities, if he does end up at another SL club i hope it's Salford, Imagine the arrogance off the Saints/Leeds/Wire fans if he went to one of those clubs, it would unbearable
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Hahaha great post Meds!! Salford certainly have the cash, however they find it!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gezatron5000

Post by gezatron5000 »

I tweeted Andi Peters (who I believe is his 'Manager') yesterday asking if he's signing and he replied with ';o)'

Read into that what you wish
Kiwiseddon

Re: Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Nezza Faz wrote:(Quote) Kiwi - If that's the case I can't see it being anyone but Wigan. There's no way another club would be able to sign him that quickly. (hopefully)

Leeds, Warrington ???

That would be painful,but we've got a young full back whilst Leeds have a loon (who can play elsewhere) and Wolves have no settled FB and Russell's always injured anyway !

And do you trust IL to stump up ?

Interesting times !
I think I'm just trying to convince myself Nezza. I'd hate to see him playing for anyone else. If IL can't stump up the money to bring Sam back I'd be surprised.
He's got Moose and Joel back and I feel it'll be the same for Sam but Sam does command a much bigger fee. We'll see.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i think the "nothings certain" is simply to make sure Wigan dont try and under cut him on price by thinking they dont have to pay for loyalty.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

gezatron5000 wrote:I tweeted Andi Peters (who I believe is his 'Manager') yesterday asking if he's signing and he replied with ';o)'

Isn't Phil Clarkes brother his manager
menpond

Re: Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Post by menpond »

Seems to me we will get ST back.IL can afford it ,and Salary cap will have to be sqeezed, Hope ST is not too greedy. Keeps saying he is homesick,so come home and try to rival JLydon as an all time great . Certainly doable. note we do not have a youngfullback coming through. As ever we overrate our youth system.
mp
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:
gezatron5000 wrote:I tweeted Andi Peters (who I believe is his 'Manager') yesterday asking if he's signing and he replied with ';o)'

Isn't Phil Clarkes brother his manager
He was but IIRC he sold his company to the London based agency who now represent Sam. He may still be retained (Andy that is) in some capacity as part of the deal.