General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wiganer Ted

Re: General election

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Another I saw was Mayhem.
It'll be a lot worse than Mayhem if Macron cancels the "Le Touquet Agreement" like he's suggested he will. We'll end up with migrant camps in Kent rather than Calais. Kent voted Leave so they'll be getting what they voted for.

No Customs Union and no "Le Touquet Agreement". Won't that be fun?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I'll go back to what May said a couple of months ago 're. Brexit, folk will have to accept that they won't get in some instances what they voted for.
However if the camps are in Kent and not Calais at least we'll have better control over our borders. :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I have to say I am astonished that Labour supporters still vote Labour with the trio of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott leading them.

I guess it's true what they say, some people in Wigan really will vote for a donkey if it had a red rosette.

Wandering Warrior

I only visit Wigan for leisure purposes!
As for comparing Labour politicians to donkeys, that label could be easily applied to the Maybots.
Do you think in a TV debate May's integrity would stand out over Corbyns? If the answer is yes then why not take part?
Personally I don't think she can speak on the hoof and that is going to be a big problem over the coming months.
Strong and stable is easy for a parrot to keep repeating!! :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wintergreen wrote:I have to say I am astonished that Labour supporters still vote Labour with the trio of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott leading them.

I guess it's true what they say, some people in Wigan really will vote for a donkey if it had a red rosette.
i'm suprised people still have enough contempt for their fellow man to vote tories.

May/Boris/Hunt

doesn't sound any better
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wandering Warrior

I'm not a big fan of Corbyn but I'm 100% certain his moral compass will beat any Tory.
The current MP for Bolton West is pro fracking so long as it is not in his ward. How does that work? The fact there is a company sells fracking equipment on the Lostock business park is a big deal for him and he spoke up against protesters outside the factory only recently.
So in a nutshell they can frack on Leverhulme Park in Bolton, not in his constituency, but not in Westhoughton, which is!
A fine example of a moral compass where the magnet points South?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

May has already proved she's useless.
Yesterday she was talking about reducing nett migration to 10s of thousands yet again. To do this she said they will have to control EU Migration.
Yet for 6 years as Home Sec she failed to bring Non EU immigration down to the 10s of thousands when she had full control over who got a visa and who did't. Non EU Migration has always been at the level of EU Migration yet she's failed for 6 consecutive years.
We think Corbyn maybe useless, May has already proved she's useless.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I'm not a massive fan of May if I am being honest, and agree totally with your point around NON EU immigration (I voted to Remain btw).

I do think though that Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbot are utterly utterly clueless. Fortunately for me and everyone else in the UK, the polls agree with me and there is not a chance in hell that they will win the election.

I do think it's sad though that there will not be a strong opposition. I am a firm believer in the need for one to hold the government to account, whichever side they belong to.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

After reading posts from the last few day i have come to the conclusion that Labour fanatics really deluded and mentally challenged, i shall say no more :exc: :eusa4:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wandering Warrior

That's your opinion and fortunately it counts for two tenths of £ook hall!!
You can always take your ball...... Sorry get the thread locked as is your way.

:D