Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southportcdm

Re: Bevan French - STAYING

Post by southportcdm »

This has dragged on so long that you can't help thinking that he's off back home. If we lose him it's not our fault (i.e. not due to cash) but we have to do something about next season. As things stand, even if we've signed Wardle, we'll have an inferior squad next season if Bevan leaves. I'm not suggesting we sign another fullback/winger but we need to sign another above average player. Just think how many tries we've scored this season that are down to the speed/skills that Bevan has that we can't replace directly. We need to find improvement somewhere else. This season we've lost Zak and Nicholson, probably Bevan and perhaps Kai (we should insist he stays another year). It's also possible that Tommy finally retires. We've added Cooper and possibly Wardle. There's been so much promising progress this season, we mustn't let it stall.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:49 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:42 am
Wigan Watcher wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:34 am Wigan need to realise that a player like French only comes along once or twice in a life time. They must and I mean must get him signed..
We have never been so lucky to have him already and must keep him. To let him go is a massive failure on Wigan's part make no mistake.
Gutting if true but its a failure of RL in this country too, the cap means we can't break the wage structure for one, albeit a very good, player. If he wants to go home and the Knights match or better our offer there isn't much we can do.
We could use the marquee rule.
I thought it was well documented that he wanted to go back to the NRL and he was with us until then.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

The links I have seen say that he is set to sign with the Newcastle Knights from 2023.
Is there a possibility that this could be interpreted as one more season with us then signs with the Knights at the end of the 2023 season?
I hope this is the case, as if any top class wingers become available we could find ourselves in a bidding war with Saints who are looking to replace Regan Grace.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:26 am Of course it's all down to money!
It's a short career and he must get as much money as he possible can and good luck to him.
MONEY TALKS
As the saying goes, offer him the town clock, make him an offer he cant refuse.
Wigan must make compromises if need be, a magical player must be paid magical wages. If othet players need to be moved on to keep him so be it.

We are in the entertainment business

You will not see another like him in your lifetime ladies and gentlemen.
Nonsense..players like him of course don’t come along often but they do come along,it’s down to being in the right place at the right time I suppose.

I’ll say again if he wants to go home good,luck to him sometime it may not be all about the money,though I’ll concede it helps.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:04 pm
Wigan Watcher wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:26 am Of course it's all down to money!
It's a short career and he must get as much money as he possible can and good luck to him.
MONEY TALKS
Wigan must make compromises if need be, a magical player must be paid magical wages. If othet players need to be moved on to keep him so be it.

Nonsense..players like him of course don’t come along often but they do come along,it’s down to being in the right place at the right time I suppose.

I’ll say again if he wants to go home good,luck to him sometime it may not be all about the money,though I’ll concede it helps.
Nonsense!
Offer enough money and he would stay fact, and nonsense, if you think these type of players come along as you say, name the last player to come along as gifted, as skilful and as fast as French.

Get real!
Last edited by Wigan Watcher on Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:52 pm
MONEY TALKS

Nonsense!
Offer enough money and he would stay fact, and nonsense, if you think these type of players come along as you say, name the last player to come along as gifted, as good and as fast as French.

Get real!
Amos Roberts?
Lattrell Sprewell?
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

medlocke wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:54 pm

Nonsense!
Offer enough money and he would stay fact, and nonsense, if you think these type of players come along as you say, name the last player to come along as gifted, as good and as fast as French.

Get real!
Amos Roberts?
Lattrell Sprewell?

Surely you are joking or maybe you cant see what is in front of you?

Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I am being told that he has signed a three year deal with Newcastle.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:56 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:54 pm

Nonsense!

Get real!
Amos Roberts?
Lattrell Sprewell?

Surely you are joking or maybe you cant see what is in front of you?
I remember watching Roberts when he burst onto the scene with St. George in 2000, He was awesome, The commentators where excited with the prospect of a future superstar on the pitch, After watching several games I wished that someday we could sign him, as for Sprewell, I have just realised that he is an NBA player, I meant Mitchell.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Must admit, its not blowing up much online/twitter about him leaving, you’d imagine it would be a massive story….. Hopefully they’ve jumped the gun in Aus & he hasn't signed anything.