Need I say more??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Need I say more??

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It is entirely possible to ascribe significance to the LLS, while accepting that the GF winners are the Champions. I think of it in the same way as the old Regal Trophy - of course people would rather win the CC or the league in those days, but when we won it in the early 80s it was a wonderful thing, because it showed we could win something.
There is no point debating this issue, as it is a matter of opinion. Nowhere have the clubs stated that the LLS is meaningless, that's for others to form an opinion on. If people choose to see it as that then that's entirely their choice. But it is simply that, a choice. I would note that in our club records we include league games, tries, goals and points. That suggests some significance greater than pre season games.
I have enjoyed the first 6 games enormously, and been pleasantly surprised. I enjoy seeing Crosby and co grow into SL players, and am astonished how quickly our half backs have gelled. If others prefer to wait until the CC, or September before engaging, on the basis that it's all meaningless, that's fine by me. Each to their own.