Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Hampshire

Post by Kittwazzer »

I will go out on a limb here and say that history will recall Rocky's 3 year deal being a far more astute bit of business than the 4 years we last gave to Smith!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Kittwazzer wrote:I will go out on a limb here and say that history will recall Rocky's 3 year deal being a far more astute bit of business than the 4 years we last gave to Smith!
Good call.in my view.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:
As for DaveO. I know you cannot understand why Wigan brokered this deal. Please give your thoughts why YOU think we did this rather than simply pull apart other posters hypothesis and speculation
Just a minute. My position is basically the deal is exactly as it says on the tin. That nothing has been "brokered" or there are other ulterior motives behind it.

You and others have nothing to offer suggesting otherwise except, as you so rightly say, "hypothesis and speculation".

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer wrote:I will go out on a limb here and say that history will recall Rocky's 3 year deal being a far more astute bit of business than the 4 years we last gave to Smith!
Exactly, as that contract has created the problem!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
How exactly?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
How exactly?
Because unlike the short term two year contracts given to Finch and Green designed to fill the Stand Off position while a youngster developed in the Academy, a long term four year contract has been given to Smith which is preventing a natural Stand Off and good goal kicker from getting into the first team and more so, with the early return of Sam is also now preventing Hampshire even filling the Full Back position where Wane obviously intended to play him.

Thankfully, Hampshire has accepted the situation by agreeing to the three year contract and we can only hope that Smith will not be here by 2018, especially as he is not gelling with Williams as well as he did with the more experienced Finch and Green.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Way I see it that Rocky has been given 3 year contract to coincide with that of Smith running out.Now its up to Rocky to prove that he can make it big time at SL level as yet unproved because of Wane not giving him game time.Rocky makes it then extended contract and Smith out of the door.Rocky tied down to us for 3 years if he leaves transfer fee if not no 6 spot is his to lose.Might be his sooner rather than later.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wont be difficult judging by the performances of Smith, he has been dire since Green went and should be offloaded now.